Sakri Taluka' i s a taluka/tahasil in Dhule Subdivision of Dhule District of Maharashtra state in India. Headquarters for the taluka is the town of Sakri. In Sakri Taluka there is a large village named Pimpalner that has historical importance. Pimpalner hosts a religious fair in the name of Khandoji Maharaj, every year during the time of the Ganesh Festival in the month of Bhadra. Pimpalner is located alongside the Panzara River, which is the lifeline of Dhule District.
Places of interest
- The famous Kanhaiyalal Maharaj temple at Amali, Sakri Taluka, is 40 km (25 mi) away from the town of Sakri towards Gujarat. The shrine is dedicated to Lord Vishnu or Kanhaiyalal Maharaj.
- Balsane and Mangiji-Tungiji are two prominent Jain pilgrim centers very close to Sakri.
- In the village of Balsane, there are some well preserved caves, Mata Kanbai (Kandevi) Temple and Jain Swami Vimalnath temple.
- The famous Dhandai Devi Temple at Mhasdi, Sakri taluka is 20 km (12 mi) away from Sakri. Dhandai Devi Manal was awarded with "Maharashtra Rajya Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vanasri Purskar"
- The Panzara Kan Sahakari sugar mill is near the town of Sakri.
- Panzara Dam
- Akkalpada Dam
- In Bhamer there is an
- old fort
- a series of monk's dwellings built into an escarpment.
Schools Karmvir A. M. Patil Secondary And Higher Secondary College, Pimpalner.
National Highway 6 is the major highway in the taluka.
Sakri Tahasil has eight revenue circles with 225 revenue villages, most quite small. Many tribes live in those villages including Konkani, Mavachi, Bhill and Vanjari. There are
- "District Administration". Dhule District.
- "Pimpalner Population - Dhule, Maharashtra". Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original on 12 December 2016.
- "Places To Visit". Dhule District.
- Gopal Krishna Kanhere, The Temples of Maharashtra, Maharashtra Information Centre (from Government of Maharashtra), Mumbai, 2003, p.133-137
- "Strategic Research Extension Plan" (PDF). Dhule District. 2006.
|This Dhule district, Maharashtra, India location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|