Sali Hughes (born 1975) is a Welsh journalist, writer and broadcaster. She was born in Blackwood on 21 February 1975 and attended Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhymni. She has two sons, Marvin and Arthur, from her first marriage.
Along with her co-founder, Jo Jones, in 2018 Hughes launched Beauty Banks, a charity that provides those living in poverty with basic daily hygiene essentials and personal care items.
Hughes has written features, opinion columns and celebrity interviews for Grazia, Elle, Red, The Guardian, The Observer, Glamour, Stylist, Shortlist, Top Santé, Look, Now and Cosmopolitan. Since January 2011, she has also been The Guardian's resident beauty columnist, featuring weekly in its Saturday magazine and online video tutorials.
Hughes is a regular contributor on Sky News’s Press Preview and from June 2012 has been a regular press reviewer on ITV’s Daybreak. She has also regularly appeared on BBC Radio 5Live reviewing television, music and entertainment and has contributed to BBC Radio Four’s Woman’s Hour, The Chris Evans Show on BBC Radio 2 and on news and entertainment programmes on ITV, BBC, and Channel 4.
In September 2014, Hughes's first book, Pretty Honest, was published by the 4th Estate division of HarperCollins. In April 2015, Hughes began writing a weekly opinion column for women's digital platform, The Pool. She announced her imminent second marriage on the platform in February 2017 to comedy writer Daniel Maier.
- Hughes, Sali (2018-10-06). "Sali Hughes on Beauty Banks: 'A schoolchild thanked us for shower gel'". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-05. Retrieved 2012-07-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Pretty Honest". 4th Estate. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- Hughes, Sali (22 February 2017). "On marriage – the second time around". The Pool. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "Pretty Iconic: A Personal Look at the Beauty Products that Changed the World". 4th Estate. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "Our Rainbow Queen by Sali Hughes: 9780593086254 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books". PenguinRandomhouse.com. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- Evening Standard interview with Sali Hughes
- Beauty Without The BS - Get The Gloss
- When Biscuit Met Sali
- Beauty Banks
- Official website
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Welsh biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|