|Alma mater||Williams College, |
Warren Wilson College
|Notable awards||Margaret Bridgman Fellow|
Sara Louise "Sally" Ball is an American poet, editor, and professor. She is the author of Annus Mirabilis (Barrow Street Press, 2005). Her poems and essays have appeared in literary journals and magazines including American Poetry Review, Harvard Review, Pleiades, Ploughshares, Rivendell, Slate, Threepenny Review, Salmagundi, The Southwest Review, The Threepenny Review, Yale Review, and the Review of Contemporary Fiction.
She earned her B.A. from Williams College, and her M.F.A. from Warren Wilson College. She taught at Beloit College, and worked at Washington University’s International Writers Center. She is associate director of Four Way Books. She teaches at Arizona State University.
Honors and awards
- 2011 Arizona Commission on the Arts Fellowship
- 2007 Margaret Bridgman Fellow at Bread Loaf Writers' Conference
Full-Length Poetry Collections
- Annus mirabilis. Barrow Street Press. 2005. ISBN 978-0-9728302-4-9.
- Wreck Me, Barrow Street Press, 2013. ISBN 9780981987682
- Richard Howard, David Lehman, eds. (1995). "Nocturnal". The Best American Poetry 1995. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-0-684-80151-3.CS1 maint: Uses editors parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-16. Retrieved 2009-11-05.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "WEDDINGS; Sally Ball, Mike McNally". The New York Times. August 8, 1993.
- Author Website
- Poems: "Dear Matthew" and others, Narrative, Spring 2011
- Poem: "One Story of Conversion", Poetry Daily
- Poems: "In Hannover: Clairvoyance", Drunken Boat, Spring 2005
- Poems: "Gymnasium", Ploughshares, Winter 1996-97
- Poems: "Questiones, Ploughshares, Spring 2004
- Poem: "Visiting the Real Ranch", slate, July 15, 2008
- Poems: "Sound Bow, Lip, Mouth"; "Phobic Darling"; "After Valentine's Day", Locus Point, 31 August 2008