|Headquarters||Treviglio (Bergamo), Italy|
Vittorio Carozza – ChairmanLodovico Bussolati – CEO
|Revenue||1,325 million (2017)|
Number of employees
SDF, a multinational group based in Treviglio (Bergamo) in Italy, and is one of the world's leading manufacturers of tractors, harvesting machines, diesel engines and agricultural machinery. The group's products are commercialised under the brand names SAME, Lamborghini Trattori, Hürlimann, DEUTZ-FAHR and Grégoire. The tractors produced by the group cover a power range from 25 to 336 HP, while its harvesting machines cover a range of powers up to 395 HP.
History of the group
The history of the group dates back to 1927, with the creation of one of the first tractor powered by a diesel engine, by brother Francesco and Eugenio Cassani. In 1942 the foundation of the company SAME (Società Accomandita Motori Endotermici) in Treviglio (Bergamo) crowned the company's founders' dream. After buying Lamborghini Trattori S.p.A. in 1973 from its founder Ferruccio Lamborghini, SAME embarked on a strategy of growth through acquisitions.
With its acquisition of Hürlimann in 1979, the company changed its name to SAME-Lamborghini-Hürlimann (S-L-H). In 1995, the group acquired DEUTZ-FAHR from the German group KHD, changing name definitively to SAME DEUTZ-FAHR. SAME DEUTZ-FAHR India was founded in 1996. From 2003 to 2012, SDF was a shareholder in the German group Deutz AG; In 2003, the group acquired 10% of the Finland based company Sampo-Rosenlew, which specialised in the production of components[clarification needed] and 4 and 5 straw walker combine harvesters. This shareholding was subsequently sold. In 2005, following its acquisition of the Croatia based company Ðuro Ðakovic, the group founded the company DEUTZ-FAHR Combines, through which it now produces DEUTZ-FAHR branded components and combine harvesters. In 2008, the Same DEUTZ-FAHR Historical Archives and Museum was established at the group's main headquarters in Treviglio. In 2011, the group acquired Grégoire A/S, a company which specialised in equipment for wine farming, olive oil farming, pruning and for the treatment and harvesting of grapes and olives. Also in 2011, SDF initiated a joint venture in China with Shandong Changlin Machinery. In 2014, the company SAME DEUTZ-FAHR Traktör Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. was founded in Istanbul, Turkey and the company Agricoltural Equipment in China is acquired. In 2016 SDF acquires the majority of the Chinese business.
SDF has 8 production sites, 13 commercial branches, 2 joint ventures, 155 importers and over 3,100 dealers. In 2017 the company recorded a revenue of € 1,325 million.
- Treviglio (Italy): mid and mid-high power tractors from 70 to 170 HP
- Lauingen (Germany): mid and mid-high power tractors from 120 to 440 HP
- Županja (Croatia): combine harvesters from 222 to 395 HP
- Ranipet (India): low and low-mid power tractors from 30 to 80 HP, diesel engines from 30 to 170 HP
- Châteaubernard (France): machines for grape and olive harvesting from 125 to 185 HP
- Bandirma (Turkey): mid-power tractors from 50 to 105 HP
- Linshu (China): tractors from 25 to 270 HP, harvesting machines, from 32 to 140 HP
- Suihua (China): tractors with 210 HP
Tractors produced by the SDF group have earned numerous awards and accolades over the years. These include:
|2013||DEUTZ-FAHR 7250 TTV Agrotron||Red Dot Product Design Award||Germany|
|2013||DEUTZ-FAHR 7250 TTV Agrotron||Tractor of the year and Golden Tractor for the Design||Italy|
|2014||DEUTZ-FAHR 7250 TTV Agrotron||Compasso d'oro||Italy|
|2014||Lamborghini Nitro||Red Dot Product Design Award||Germany|
|2014||Lamborghini Nitro 130 VRT||Golden Tractor for the Design||Germany|
|2015||DEUTZ-FAHR Driver Extended Eyes||Agritechnica Innovation Award||Germany|
|2016||SAME Frutteto ActiveDrive||Tractor of the Year: best of specialised||Germany|
|2016||DEUTZ-FAHR Serie 6 Cshift||Machines de Jahres||Germany|
|2017||DEUTZ-FAHR 6215 RCshift||Tractor of the Year: Best Design||Italy|
|2017||SAME Frutteto ActiveDrive||Machine of the Year 2017||France|
- SAME, company history http://www.cultureimpresa.it/10-2013/italian/primo02.html
- SAME company history and acquisitions, from official website http://www.samedeutz-fahr.com/it/azienda/storia
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 March 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 March 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
Media related to SAME Deutz-Fahr at Wikimedia Commons