|Word/name||Arabic and Persian|
|Meaning||Arabic: loved Persian : princess|
|Related names||Samantha, Samir|
Samira (also spelled Samirah, Sameera, and Sameerah /sæˈmiːrə/, Arabic: سميرة Persian: سميرا) is an Arabic and Persian female given name. The Arabic version is derived from the root s-m-r relating to the masdar tasāmur (Arabic: تسامر) ultimately meaning she who is of pleasant company and loved. The masculine version of this name is Samir. In Persian language and heritage it is associated with the meaning princess and is derived from the name of an ancient Assyrian princess Semiramis. It can also be in reference to the village Samiran in Iran which was named after the princess.  In Indian languages it is derived from the Sanskrit word Samira (समीरा) meaning gust of wind or gentle breeze.
- Samira Ahmed (born 1968), British television reporter
- Samira Asghari (born 1994), Afghan member of the International Olympic Committee
- Samira Awad (born 2000), Lebanese footballer
- Samira Bellil (1972–2004), French feminist working for the rights of women in traditional Muslim settings
- Samira Besic, German of singer of Bosnian origin of the Eurodance group Maxx
- Samira Efendi, Azerbaijani singer, who will represent Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest 2021
- Samira Gutoc (born 1974), Filipino journalist and politician
- Samira Makhmalbaf (born 1980), Iranian film director
- Samira Mighty (born 1996), English television personality and actress
- Samira Mubareka (born 1972), Canadian clinical scientist
- Samira Said (born 1958), Moroccan pop singer
- Samira Shahbandar, Saddam Hussein's second wife
- Samira Tewfik (born 1935), Lebanese Syrian singer of Bedouin dialect
- Samira Wiley (born 1987), American actress
- Princess Samira, a fictional princess in Shimmer and Shine
- Sameera Al Bitar (born 1990), Olympic swimmer from Bahrain
- Sameera bint Ibrahim Rajab, Bahraini politician
- Sameera Moussa, Egyptian nuclear scientist
- Sameera Perera (born 1988), Sri Lankan cricketer
- Sameera Reddy (born 1980), Indian film actress
- Sameera Sadamal (born 1993), Sri Lankan cricketer
- Sameera Saneesh, Indian costume designer in Malayalam film
- Sameera Peri, World's prettiest woman
- "H. Anthony Salmoné, An Advanced Learner's Arabic-English Dictionary, سَمَرَ". www.perseus.tufts.edu. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "Samira - Meaning And Origin Of The Name Samira | BabyNames.co.uk". Baby Names. Retrieved 2017-08-19.
- "Samira - Meaning of name Samira at BabyNames.com". www.babynames.com. Retrieved 2017-08-19.
- "The meaning of name Samira and origin Arabic". www.first-names-meanings.com. Retrieved 2017-08-19.