Samwell in 2007
|Birth name||Samuel Johnson|
May 4, 1979 |
Miami, Florida, United States
|Origin||Greenville, South Carolina, USA|
Samwell is unsigned, but for a time his "What What (In the Butt)" was licensed through Fatboy Slim's record label, Southern Fried Records. The "What What (In the Butt)" video is licensed through Brownmark Films.
The song was used extensively in the South Park season 12 episode "Canada on Strike", which featured a re-creation of the What What video.
In June 2010 Samwell appeared on an episode of Comedy Central's Tosh.0, a television show about viral videos. The segment told the story of how the "What What" video was created, followed by an acoustic duet version of the song by Samwell and Josh Homme, lead singer for Queens Of The Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures. In a June 2 interview, host Daniel Tosh called Samwell one of the best guests he's had on the show, saying, "I'll tell you who I loved the 'What What In The Butt' guy. Couldn't have been more of a delight." In September 2010 Samwell appeared on Tosh.0 a second time when he was nominated for the Season Two MVP Award.
Samwell has a live phone call service called Special Greetings from Samwell which is available through his official website.
- Cite error: The named reference
Official_Samwell.com_Biowas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "BBC - Lily Allen and Friends". Retrieved 2008-12-10.
- "Samwell asks the eternal question: "You want to do it in my butt?"". Riverfront Times. 31 (9): N. 2007-02-28. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "OfficialSamwell.com Bio". Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "MFF Preview: Modus Operandi". Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- "Journal Sentinel article "The Nohl Fellows Program One"". Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- Luczak, Renata "DANIEL TOSH IS BACK WITH MORE INTERNET EPIC FAILS WEB REDEMPTIONS AND FAN CHALLENGES AS THE SECOND SEASON OF "TOSH.0" CONTINUES WITH 16 NEW EPISODES BEGINNING ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2 AT 10:30 P.M. ET/PT""; Comedy Central; May 12, 2010
- Wampler, Scott. "'Tosh.0' star Daniel Tosh discusses the internet" Comedy Examiner June 2, 2010