San Marcos High School (San Marcos, California)
|San Marcos High School|
"Empowering Personal Growth and Honorable Contributions"
1615 W. San Marcos Blvd
|Motto||"We Bleed Blue!"|
|School district||San Marcos Unified School District|
|Teaching staff||112.84 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||29.58|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Columbia Blue, Silver|
San Marcos High School is a high school in the North County city of San Marcos, California. San Marcos High School is a member of the San Marcos Unified School District and serves students from San Marcos, Vista, and Carlsbad.
San Marcos High School had a graduation rate for the 2009-2010 school year of 95.8%.
San Marcos High School offers several classes and organizations:
- Agriculture / FFA
- College and Career Center
- Computer Technology
- English Learner Program (EL)
- Industrial Technology
- Performing Arts
- ROP Flower Design
- Special Education
- Visual Arts
- World Languages
Air Force JROTC
San Marcos JROTC is a program run by retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Leppellere, and retired Air Force Master Sergeant Michael Lazare. Founded in 2009, the program was created with the intention to promote values of integrity, service, and excellence among students. Cadets enrolled would experience a multisubject program involving aerospace science, physical training, United States Air Force history, military drills, military dress and appearance, and general life skills over the course of the year.
The PACE Promise, a joint program of San Marcos Unified School District (SMUSD) and California State University San Marcos (CSUSM), guarantees CSUSM admission to all district students continuously enrolled in the district from 9th through 12th grade who meet entrance requirements.
- "San Marcos High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- "San Marcos High School / Overview". Smusd.org. 2016-05-25. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Advanced Placement Testing / Overview". Smusd.org. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "SMHS AFJROTC". 2017-09-01. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Brown, Joan / Hosting 2017". Smusd.org. 2016-05-25. Retrieved 2016-09-17.