Los Angeles, CA
|Occupation||Architect, Assemblagist, Poet, Writer|
|Notable works||Cocktails with Breughel at the Museum Cafe, "Snow Whippets"|
|Notable awards||National Poetry Manuscript Competition (1997)
Dana Award (2007)
Lucille Medwick Award For a Single Poem on a Humanitarian Theme (2010)
Sandra Stone is a visual and conceptual artist as well as a poet, playwright and author of literary fiction and nonfiction.
Sandra Stone has received more than 35 commissions from major architectural firms to create art for both public interiors and the landscape. She describes her work as "creating metaphor for space through architectural concepts, context, and literary text."
She has been awarded fellowships from Bread Loaf, Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, and Literary Arts Inc. In 2007 her writing won the Dana Award in Poetry. In 2000 her 24-word letter was chosen from among 7,500 entries as the winner of a one-time national competition sponsored by the Consulate-General of Japan and the US Postal Service. Her 1997 collection of poetry, Cocktails with Breughel at the Museum Café, was selected as the winner of a national manuscript competition. In 1998 Stone's book won the Oregon Literary Arts Book Award.
- 2015 Oregon Book Award Finalist: Absurdist or, Is It? [:] Angus L. Bowmer Award
- 2014 Artist's Repertory Theater: Awarded 501-C3 status for 3 inter-related comic operas
- 2013 Oregon Book Award Finalist: The Inmost House [:] Memory Making Journeying Dwelling
- 2013 Omnidawn Publishing Featured Poet: Two Treaties on Ecstasy + Creative Bio
- 2012 Winner : Hunger Mountain : Philosophic Lyric
- 2011 Campbell Corner Philosophic Lyric
- 2010 Lucille Medwick Award
- 2007 Dana Award
- 1998 Literary Arts Book Award for Poetry
- 1997 General Services Administration National Design Award for literary narrative in the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse.
- 1993 Winner : University of Washington Press : National Broadside Competition
- A Sum of Whirligigs [:] Poems of World Pain
- The Inmost House [:] Memory Making Journeying Dwelling
- Cocktails with Brueghel at the Museum Cafe. Cleveland State University Press. 1997. ISBN 9781880834268. Retrieved 2015-01-12.
- What Everything Is
- An Imperfect Place to Dispose of Flies
- Yes, Out
- John Vergin
- Theresa Koon
- Sandra Stone
- "Snow Whippets," PSA Lucille Medwick Award
- "The Sadness of Penmanship", Omnidawn Poetry Feature
- "For a Friend Who Decided Early to Stop Dialysis", JAMA
- "Taking A Piece Of Paper To The Bodyshop For Advice", Poetry in Motion
- Christopher Buckley and Christopher Howell, eds. (2011). Aspects of Robinson Homage to Weldon Kees. The Backwaters Press.
- Sharon Wood Wortman and Joseph Boquiren, ed. (2007). Walking Bridges Using Poetry as a Compass: Poems about Bridges Real and Imagined, with Directions for Five Self-Guided Explorations. Urban Adventure Press. ISBN 0-9787365-3-2.
- David Biespiel, ed. (2006). Long Journey: Contemporary Northwest Poets. Oregon State University Press. ISBN 978-0-87071-098-8.
- Barbara LaMorticella and Steve Nemirow, ed. (2000). Portland Lights: A Poetry Anthology. Nine Lights Press. ISBN 0-9672060-0-6.
- Aspects of Robinson
- "OBA Past Winners - Poetry". Archived from the original on 2006-10-04. Retrieved 2015-01-12.
- Calyx. 18. Calyx, Incorporated. 1998. ISSN 0147-1627. Retrieved 2015-01-12.
- "Sandra Stone | Directory of Writers | Poets & Writers". pw.org. Retrieved 2015-01-12.