Saphan Taksin BTS Station
Saphan Taksin station (Thai: สถานีสะพานตากสิน) is a BTS skytrain station, on the Silom Line in Sathon District, Bangkok, Thailand. The station is located at the entry ramp of Taksin Bridge, below Sathon Road, to the east of the Chao Phraya River. It is the only rapid transit station in Bangkok which can transfer to a river pier for the crossing-river ferry to Thonburi and the Chao Phraya Express Boat service. That makes the station popular for both daily passengers and tourists sightseeing by river boats to historical area such as Wat Arun, Wat Pho and Sanam Luang.
It has been proposed since 2012 to close and demolish the station to facilitate the construction of a second track, which will "ease the bottleneck over its stretch across the Chao Phraya River" however as of December 2015 there has been no decision on how to proceed.
|Platform 3||National Stadium (→)
towards Bang Wa (←)
|Concourse||Ticket offices, Ticket machines, Shops
Exits 1-4, Tourist information office
|-||Sathon Road, Taksin Bridge, Charoen Krung Road and Chao Phraya River|
- Tourist information office
- Chao Phraya Express Boat service at Sathon pier
- Crossing river ferry to Charoen Nakhon Road
- Kongsai, Thanatpong. "BMA to close Saphan Taksin station to ease bottleneck". The Nation. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Reporter, Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff (2015-12-02). "Decision Soon on Future of BTS Saphan Taksin". Khaosod English. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
|This article related to the city of Bangkok, Thailand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Thai railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|