Alauddin Sabir Kaliyari
|Makhdoom Alauddin Ali Ahmad Sabir Piya Kaliyari|
Dargah Sabir e Pak Piran Kaliyar Shareef
|Other names||Makhdoom-ul-Alam, Sabir Piya, Makhdoom, Ganj E Shakar Ka Lal, Ali Ahmad, Baba Sabir|
569 AH/1196 AD19th Rabi' al-awwal
690 AH/1291 AD11th Rabi' al-awwal
Piran Kaliyar Sharif, Roorkee, India
|Based in||Piran kalyar, Roorkee, India|
|Title||صابر پیا Sabir Piya|
|Successor||Shamsuddin Turk Panipati, Hyder Shah At.Panipat|
Makhdoom Alauddin Ali Ahmed Sabir, also known as صابر کلیری Sabir Kaliyari ("Patient Saint of Kaliyar"), was a prominent South Asian Sufi saint in the 13th century. He was nephew successor to Baba Fareed (1188–1280), and the first in the Sabiriya branch of the Chishti Order. Today, his dargah (Sufi mausoleum) is at Kaliyar village, near Haridwar.
Part of a series on Islam
Sufism and Tariqat
Syyedna Makhdoom Alauddin Ali Ahmed Sabir Kaliyari was born in Herat, a town in Afghanistan on the 17th Shaaban on 19, 512 AH (1196). His father was Syed Abdul Rahim, a grandson of Ghaous ul Azam Dastageer Syedna Sheikh Abdul Qadir Al Gillani. His mother was Jamila Khatun, the elder sister of Baba Fareed.
He is known as Alauddin Ali Ahmed Sabir Kalyari. The names Ali and Ahmed were exhibited to his mother in dreams. His father gave him the name Alauddin. Sabir was the title given by Baba Fareed Ganj E Sakar. Since his tomb is in Kalyar Sharif he is also known as Kalyari.
- Chishti Order
- Nizamuddin Auliya
- Maudood Chishti
- Wali Kirani
- Muhammad Muslehuddin Siddiqui
- Sufi Barkat Ali
2.  sayyidamiruddin.com (regarding the shajra e nasab of Sabir Piya
- E-book: Tadhkira Anwar-i-Sabiri – An account of Sabir's Enlightenment by Dar-ul-Ehsan Publications and Sabir'ul Baqa Networks
- Mashaikh-e-Chist, by Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya, Translated by Mujlisul Ulama of South Africa, 1998
- Islam in India, by Vidyajyoti Institute of Religious Studies Islamic Section. Vikas Pub. House, 1985. ISBN 0-7069-2751-6. page 61.
- Encyclopaedia of Sufism, Ed. Masood Ali Khan & S. Ram. New Delhi, Anmol, 2003, Vol 1–12. ISBN 81-261-1311-1. (Vol 5.)
- Rose, H.A., Ibbetson, D., Maclagan, E.D.A glossary of the tribes and castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province. Vol. 3, L.-Z with Appendices A.-L, Asian Educational Services, 1990. ISBN 978-81-206-0505-3