Scoil Colmcille, Letterkenny
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Convent Road, Letterkenny
|Principal||Joe Crossan|
Scoil Colmcille stands on the site of the town's first Gaelic football playing field. It was built in 1974. Boys are housed at the rear end of the school and play in the back yard while girls are taught at the front entrance and play in the adjoining yard. At the time of the new Scoil Colmcille's opening over 600 boys attended the school. By 1985 school numbers grew to over 700 and 23 teachers were employed. The current principal is Pauric Cannon. Other non-teaching staff include secretaries, cleaners, ancillary workers and a caretaker.
From RTÉ Radio (2005)
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Notable past pupils
- Pat Gibson, Egghead and multiple quiz show winner
- Rory Kavanagh, All-Ireland winning Gaelic footballer
- Kevin Rafferty, All-Ireland winning Gaelic footballer
- "History of the GAA in Letterkenny and St. Eunan's GAA Club". St. Eunan's website. Archived from the original on 12 April 2015.
- The Green Eco
- "Picture special: Rory Kavanagh returns to Scoil Cholmcille with Sam". Donegal Daily. 26 September 2012. Retrieved 26 September 2012.