|Alma mater||Cornell University|
Harvard Business School
|Occupation(s)||Entrepreneur, author, investor|
|Notable work||Making Ideas Happen (Penguin Books)|
|Board member of||Cornell University's Entrepreneurship Program|
Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
Scott Belsky (born April 18, 1980) is an American entrepreneur, author and early-stage investor best known for co-creating the online portfolio platform, Behance, Inc. In 2010, Belsky was included in Fast Company's "100 Most Creative People in Business" list.
In December 2012, Behance was acquired by Adobe where Belsky became VP of Products, Mobile and Community at Adobe. In February 2016 Belsky left Adobe and joined Benchmark as the firm's sixth general partner. Prior to joining Benchmark, Belsky had been an early-stage investor and active advisor to companies including Uber, Warby Parker, Pinterest, Periscope and Sweetgreen. In 2017, Belsky returned to Adobe as the Chief Product Officer, Executive Vice President for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Personal life and education
Belsky graduated from Cornell University. He received his MBA from Harvard Business School. Belsky serves on the advisory board of Cornell University's Entrepreneurship Program, and is a board member for the Cooper-Hewitt Smithsonian National Design Museum. Belsky is the grandson of Stanley Kaplan.
- Making Ideas Happen, Penguin Group, 2010 ISBN 978-1591844112
- The Messy Middle: Finding Your Way Through the Hardest and Most Crucial Part of Any Bold Venture, Penguin Group, 2018 ISBN 978-0735218079
Belsky also has a chapter giving advice in Tim Ferriss' book Tools of Titans.
- ^ "Making Ideas Happen Book Page". the99percent.com. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- ^ "Wired Magazine UK". wired.co.uk. Archived from the original on June 17, 2012. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- ^ Belsky, Scott (2012). Amazon Book Sales Info. ISBN 978-1591844112.
- ^ a b Loizos, Connie. "Benchmark Adds A Sixth General Partner: Scott Belsky". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- ^ "Fast Company Article On Scott Belsky". fastcompany.com. Archived from the original on November 7, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- ^ "News Analysis Adobe Behances The Creative Class With 150M Community Acquisition". Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- ^ "Adobe Acquires Social Media Platform Behance To Power Its Creative Cloud Community". TechCrunch. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- ^ "Adobe Acquired Portfolio Service Behance for more than 150 million in cash and stock". TechCrunch. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- ^ "Enriching The Creative Experience". Adobe. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- ^ "Why Adobe's CreativeSync Is So Much More Than Just Dropbox For Designers". Co.Design. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- ^ "DC Chain Sweetgreen Raises $18.5 Million; Danny Meyer, Daniel Boulud Among Investors". Eater. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- ^ "Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum". cooperhewitt.org. 5 November 2013. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- ^ "Founder of Kaplan Test Prep Remembered". NPR.org.