Scripting for the Java Platform
Scripting for the Java Platform was developed under the Java Community Process as JSR 223. The final release of JSR 223 happened on December 11, 2006. The specification, however, was withdrawn later on December 13, 2016 after a Maintenance Review Ballot, where it was decided that this functionality would be included as an integral part of Java 9 and onward.
- Bosanac, Dejan (August 19, 2007), Scripting in Java: Languages, Frameworks, and Patterns (1st ed.), Addison-Wesley Professional, p. 552, ISBN 978-0-321-32193-0
- JSR 223: Scripting for the Java Platform Specification Request
- Roth, Gregor (November 20, 2007). "Scripting on the Java platform". JavaWorld. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- O'Conner, John (July 2006). "Scripting for the Java Platform". Sun Microsystems. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Tremblett, Paul (March 8, 2009). "JSR 223: Scripting for the Java Platform". Dr. Dobb's Journal. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Java Scripting Programmer's Guide for Java SE 14 at Oracle