|Industry||Online 3D printing service|
Sculpteo is a French company specialized in 3D printing in the cloud. Sculpteo offers an online 3D printing service, using rapid prototyping and a manufacturing process  involving laser sintering or stereo lithography. The company was founded in June 2009 by Eric Carreel (co-founder of Inventel, acquired by Technicolor in 2005, and Withings), Clement Moreau  and Jacques Lewiner. Sculpteo offers online printing services, particularly in Europe and North America
Sculpteo offers an online 3D printing service for professionals and individuals. From a 3D file, Sculpteo manufactures real objects such as interior decoration, figurines, robots, miniatures, scale models... It also gives access to a 3D design market. Since 2012, Sculpteo offers mobile applications which can generate 3D files and order their manufacture directly from the smartphone. With its offer of 3D printing for professionals as well as for the general public, Sculpteo gives individuals access to 3D printing in an original form which integrates professional designers in the chain of production.
History and background
- March 2016, a partnership with Carbon allows Sculpteo to offer the 3D printing technology "CLIP".
- January 2016, Sculpteo launches a new material for additive manufacturing that is more flexible than the others TPU. Several branches are targeted, such as medical branch and the fashion industry.
- November 2015, the computer Sprout by HP integrates the 3D printing service of Sculpteo.
- April 2015, Sculpteo announces a 5 million euros fundraising thanks to Creadev, investment fund of French Mulliez family, and Xange, well known investor.
- January 2015, at Consumer Electronics Show, Sculpteo reveals FinalProof, a tool that allows users to apprehend the final result of the object file before printing.
- November 2014, Sculpteo launches a free service named "Thickening" aimed to reinforce the robustness of fragile parts without having to use a modelling software.
- June 2014, Sculpteo continues its pursuit in democratizing 3D technology: the company integrats its printing service in the Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud thus rendering the process of 3D manufacture more simple.
- May 2014, Sculpteo seeks to reduce 3D printing costs and material squandering by optimizing the quantity of used material. In this light, the company launches a free service named "Hollowing". The same month, designers conceive innovative 3D objects that Amazon, in partnership with Sculpteo, proposes in a dedicated online store opened in July 2014.
- January 2014, at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show, Sculpteo unveils "3D Batch Control", a cloud 3D printing service designed for professionals and businesses in need of short-run manufacturing. It allows users to upload a 3D file, change the size and dimensions of the object directly within the browser, select a printing material and order their design to be 3D printed and shipped.
- Late 2013, La Poste launches a 3D printing service in post offices, in partnership with Sculpteo.
- March 2013, Sculpteo commercializes Lighting plug connectors manufactured in 3D printing.
- December 2012, Sculpteo raises 2 million euros thanks to XAnge, branch of the French bank Banque Postale, business angels and founders.
- September 2012, Sculpteo launches 3DPCase, the first smartphone app able to generate the 3D file of an iPhone case directly from the smartphone. For the app, Sculpteo is granted the Price of Best Innovator at CES 2013. This new approach of unit production highlights the flexibility of the online 3D manufacturing process and allows the company to commercialize iPhone 5 cases before the launch of the iPhone 5.
- January 2012, Sculpteo launches the 3D printing Cloud Engine and the Sculpteo app at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The app transforms human data into a 3D printed object using an iOS device.
- June 2011, Sculpteo and 3DVIA announce a direct printing service provided by Sculpteo via the 3Dvia portal.
- March 2011, Sculpteo launches Pro.Sculpteo, an online 3D printing service for professionals.
- January 2011, Sculpteo launches their online 3D printing service for the general public by allowing users to make your own avatar from simple 2D photos modeled in 3D.
- The company is created in June 2009.
- In January 2013, at Consumer Electronics Show, Sculpteo received the Best of CES Innovations Award for 3DPCase, its new 3D printing mobile application 3DPcase.
- In 2012, Sculpteo was granted the "Observeur du Design" label by Observeur du Design  thus being acknowledged as a reference in the world of design.
- In 2011, Eric Carreel received the Prize for Engineers 2011 awarded by the French National Council of Engineers and Scientists and the magazine Usine Nouvelle.
- Adam Ludwig (2012-04-18). "Sculpteo Takes 3D Printing to the Cloud". Forbes. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Todd Wasserman 91 (2011-04-10). "Will 3D Printing Reboot Manufacturing? [PICS]". Mashable.com. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Les Echos. "Les Echos - Ses décodeurs ont conquis Thomson - Archives". Archives.lesechos.fr. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Les Echos. "Les Echos - Thomson acquiert la start-up française Inventel - Archives". Archives.lesechos.fr. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Les Echos. "Les Echos - Sculpteo réalise vos objets à partir de fichiers 3D - Archives". Lesechos.fr. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "L'impression 3D qui donne vie aux objets". www.lesnumeriques.com. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- http://www.france-info.com/chroniques-nouveau-monde-2010-06-29-creer-ses-propres-objets-en-3d-459827-81-109.html?var_recherche=sculpteo. Retrieved March 23, 2012. Missing or empty
- Leach, Anna (2011-03-17). "Order a 3 inch model of yourself from the internet: Sculpteo Mini Me is definitely worth it : Shiny Shiny". Shinyshiny.tv. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "[Interview] Clément Moreau, DG de Sculpteo: "Nous visons à démocratiser l’impression 3D"". Maddyness (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Sculpteo démocratise l'impression 3D d'objets". La Tribune (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Sculpteo proposera en exclusivité la technologie CLIP de Carbon3D - 3Dnatives". 3Dnatives (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- BUSINESS, BFM. "Sculpteo propose en exclusivité la technologie d'impression 3D CLIP - 01/03". BFM BUSINESS (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "[CES 2016] Zoom Impression 3D : le matériau TPU". servicesmobiles.fr (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Le Sprout de HP dès maintenant disponible en France". www.lesnumeriques.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- BUSINESS, BFM. "Start-up & Co: Sculpteo, le pionnier de l'impression 3D - 02/04". BFM BUSINESS (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Sculpteo lance la production de petites séries en impression 3D - Ze Small Factory". Ze Small Factory (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Impression 3D : Sculpteo intégré à Photoshop Creative Cloud". Clubic.com (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Sculpteo now allows automatic hollowing for cheaper models". TCT Magazine. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Amazon ouvre un magasin dédié à l'impression 3D et référence Sculpteo - Aruco". Aruco (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Biggs, John. "Sculpteo Shows Us What 3D Printing Is Really Good For: Creating Adapters For Old iPod Docks". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- http://www.01net.com/01-business-forum/impression-3d-la-start-up-francaise-sculpteo-leve-2-millions-deuros-582097.html. Missing or empty
- "Sculpteo 3D printing lets you stick your face on an iPhone case". PCWorld. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- UTC, Samantha Murphy Kelly2012-09-11 13:03:11. "3D-Printed iPhone 5 Cases Available for Order Ahead of Apple Event". Mashable. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "New App Lets Users Design and 3D-Print iPhone Cases". WIRED. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Sculpteo releases 3DPCase app that allows you to create custom 3D printed cases for your iPhone". Ubergizmo. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "APP OF THE DAY: Scultpeo review (iOS)". Pocket-lint. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- Sterling, Bruce (2011-06-27). "Spime Watch: Dassault Systèmes’ 3DVIA and Sculpteo | Beyond The Beyond". Wired.com. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- par Julien Mechin 27 juin 2011 (2011-06-27). "Sculpteo signe un accord historique avec Dassault Systèmes". Fr.techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "L'impression 3D à portée de tous ?". Lemonde.fr. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Les robots sculpteurs débarquent avec des prix défiant tout concurrence". Latribune.fr. 2011-08-18. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Your own mini-me? Sculpteo lets you print a real-life 3D avatar". Eu.techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- lefigaro.fr. "Le Figaro - Sciences et Technologies : Une imprimante sculpte vos objets en 3D". Lefigaro.fr. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "2013 - 2014 International CES, January 7 - 10". Cesweb.org. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Les start-up françaises encore à l'honneur au CES de Las Vegas". Lesechos.fr. 2013-01-07. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Sculpteo awarded Best of the Best at CES 2013 Las Vegas - Personalize | 3D Printing News, 3D Printer reviews & Additive Manufacturing Interviews". Prsnlz.me. 2012-11-13. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Sculpteo receive the Observeur du Design 2012 label". Archived from the original on April 25, 2012. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- Nouvelle, L'Usine (2011-12-14). "Prix". usinenouvelle.com (in French). Retrieved 2016-03-31.