Sean Murphy (photographer)
|Alma mater||New England School of Photography|
|Occupation||Photographer & videographer|
Sean Murphy is an American photographer.
He is originally from Fort Walton Beach, Florida and grew up in the Florida Panhandle. Murphy worked in construction, repaired surfboards and served as a fishing boat deck hand before studying photography. He attended the New England School of Photography and graduated valedictorian.
He has taken photographs of many prominent musicians and bands during the mid-1990s through early 2000s, like Weezer, Blink 182, Green Day, Kid Rock, Ryan Adams, The Deftones, Rage Against the Machine, Ice Cube, My Chemical Romance, and Dr. Dre.
Over the years, he shot more advertising and is known for creating influential lifestyle campaigns. In addition to regular assignments for magazines such as Standup Paddle Magazine, his clients for print and advertising include Adidas, AT&T, Google, Jeep, McDonald's, Microsoft, Nike, Sprint and Toyota. In 2015, Murphy was invited by BOTE Boards and the SweetWater Brewing Company in their efforts to raise funds for the Waterkeeper Alliance.
The Travel Channel featured Sean twice as part of their Secrets of Action Photography episode with Aaron Goodwin and their 10 Ten Locals List while he traveled the Pacific Coast Highway with BOTE Boards. During the summer of 2017, as part of Los Angeles's Grand Park's fifth anniversary, Sean was selected as one of ten Los Angeles photographers for a photographic exhibition where 100 images of Angelenos were projected 150 ft high and 100 ft wide onto the south wall of the mid-century L.A. County Hall of Records.
|2000||A Perfect Circle||Mer de Noms|
|2000||Christina Aguilera||My Kind of Christmas|
|2001||Tenacious D||Tenacious D|
|2001||G. Love & Special Sauce||Electric Mile|
|AM Radio (band)||Radioactive|
|2008||Weezer||The Red Album|
|2016||Weezer||The White Album|
- Photo District News – Photo Annual contest – Advertising 2013
- Photo District News – Photo Annual contest – Advertising 2014
- International Photography Awards – Honorable Mention 2014
- "Projecting a Brand". VIE Magazine.
- "Blue Albums and Pink Triangles: What Color Means to Weezer". March 29, 2016.
- Montgomery, James (April 23, 2008). "Weezer's Awkward Red Album Cover Is The Real Deal, 'Not A Joke' Publicist Confirms". MTV. Retrieved May 4, 2007.
- "Rock star photography". CBS News. March 20, 2014. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- "No Water Means No Paddling... And No Beer". Waterkeeper Alliance. April 6, 2015.
- "Secrets of Action Photography". Travelchannel.com. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- Slayton, Nicholas. "Grand Park Celebrates the City With Giant Photos". Los Angeles Downtown News. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- "PDN's 2013 Photo Annual Award Winners". Photo District News.
- "PDNs 2014 Photo Annual". PDN 2014 Photo Annual. Photo District News.
- "2014 PDN PHOTO ANNUAL WINNER".