Seasick Steve discography
|Seasick Steve discography|
Seasick Steve at The Big Chill 2006.
This is the discography of American blues musician Seasick Steve. He has released eight studio albums, two compilation albums, one Extended play and ten singles. He made his first UK television appearance on Jools Holland's annual Hootenanny BBC TV show on New Year's Eve 2006.
Cheap, Steve's debut studio album, was released in 2004. It consists of songs by him and his Swedish/Norwegian band The Level Devils, and also two stories from his life as a hobo. The Level Devils consisted at this time of Kai Christoffersen playing the drums and Jo Husmo bass. Dan Magnusson subsequently took over drumming duties.
Dog House Music, Steve's second studio album, was released in November 2006. The album peaked to number 36 on the UK Albums Chart. The album is almost entirely performed by Steve, apart from snare drum on "Yellow Dog" and crash cymbal on "Fallen Off a Rock", performed by H.J. Wold, and drums on the hidden track by Steve's son P.M. Wold.
I Started Out with Nothin and I Still Got Most of It Left, Steve's third studio album, was released in September 2008. The album peaked to number 9 on the UK Albums Chart. The album is his first on the record label Warner Bros. Records, but the vinyl releases are still on his old label, Bronzerat Records.
You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks, Steve's fifth studio album, was released in May 2011. The album peaked to number 6 on the UK Albums Chart. The album features former Led Zeppelin bass guitarist John Paul Jones.
Hubcap Music, Steve's sixth studio album, was released in April 2013. The album peaked to number 14 on the UK Albums Chart. The title derives from his Morris Minor guitar made out of two hubcaps placed back-to-back. Steve uses the guitar frequently, both live and in the studio. The song "Down On The Farm" was debuted live at the 2012 Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands. A music video was also released, with Seasick Steve dancing behind his farm with the hubcap guitar in his hand, in similar fashion to The Black Keys' song, "Lonely Boy". One week before the release, a video for "Purple Shadows" premiered, featuring Steve playing a stripped version of the song on the acoustic guitar.
Sonic Soul Surfer, Steve's seventh studio album, was released in March 2015. It was promoted with 4 singles : "Bring It On", "Summertime Boy", "Roy's Gang", and "Barracuda '68". His eight studio album will be released on october 7th 2016.
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|Dog House Music||
|I Started Out with Nothin
and I Still Got Most of It Left
|Man from Another Time||
|You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks||90||16||198||18||9||—||6||
|Sonic Soul Surfer||64||17||64||25||16||—||4||
|Keepin' the Horse Between Me and the Ground||
|"—" denotes an album that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|Album Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|Songs For Elisabeth||33||
|Walkin' Man - The Best of Seasick Steve||
|Album Title||Album details|
|It's All Good||
As lead artist
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2007||"Dog House Boogie"||187||—||Dog House Music|
|2008||"Cut My Wings"||151||—|
|"It's All Good"||—||5||Non-album single|
|"St. Louis Slim"||—||—||I Started Out with Nothin' and I Still Got Most of It Left|
|"That's All"||—||—||Man from Another Time|
|2011||"Write Me a Few Lines"/"Levee Camp Blues"||—||—||You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks|
|2013||"Coast Is Clear"||—||—||Hubcap Music|
|2015||"Bring It On"||—||—||Sonic Soul Surfer|
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
Other charted songs
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2008||"Started Out with Nothin"||124||I Started Out with Nothin and I Still Got Most of It Left|
- Peak positions in Australia:
- "Discografie Seasick Steve". Belgium (Flanders) Charts Portal. Hung Medien.
- "Discographie Seasick Steve". French Charts Portal. Hung Medien.
- "Discography Seasick Steve". Irish Charts Portal. Hung Medien.
- "Discografie Seasick Steve". Dutch Charts Portal. Hung Medien.
- "Discography Seasick Steve". Swedish Charts Portal. Hung Medien.
- Peak positions in the United Kingdom:
- For all except noted: "Seasick Steve > UK Charts". Officialcharts.com/. Official Charts Company.
- For "Dog House Boogie": "CHART: CLUK Update 13.01.2007 (wk1)". Zobbel.de/. Official Charts Company.
- For "Cut My Wings": "CHART: CLUK Update 12.01.2008 (wk1)". Zobbel.de/. Official Charts Company.
- For "Started Out with Nothin": "CHART: CLUK Update 11.10.2008 (wk40)". Zobbel.de/. Official Charts Company.
- "Le Top de la semaine : Top Albums Fusionnes - SNEP (Week 41, 2016)" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- "BBC Review of 'Songs for Elisabeth'". BBC. 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2011-05-19.