I Started Out with Nothin and I Still Got Most of It Left
|I Started Out with Nothin and I Still Got Most of It Left|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 29, 2008|
|Length||Standard Disc 1 - 50:21|
Die Cut Disc 1 - 59:41
Die Cut Disc 2 - 27:23
|Producer||Seasick Steve, Nick Brine|
|Seasick Steve chronology|
I Started Out with Nothin and I Still Got Most of It Left (styled i Started out with nothin and i Still got most of it Left) is the third album by Seasick Steve. It was released on 29 September 2008. It entered the UK album chart at number 9 on 6 October 2008. The album is his first on the record label Warner Bros. Records, but the vinyl releases are still on his old label, Bronzerat Records.
The record features guest musicians Ruby Turner, Grinderman and KT Tunstall. Ruby Turner's vocals were originally performed by KT Tunstall, although she later backed out of this role, but is still featured on the album playing flute, guitar and singing backing vocals.
The album was released in two ways: the standard edition (with only 11 tracks on one disc), and the Die Cut limited edition, which includes 3 bonus tracks on disc one and also a bonus disc with 6 tracks (2 songs, 4 spoken word).
All song written by Seasick Steve except where noted.
- "Started Out with Nothin"
- "Walkin Man"
- "St. Louis Slim"
- "Happy Man"
- "Prospect Lane"
- "Fly by Night"
- "Just Like a King" (Seasick Steve and Nick Cave)
- "One True"
- "My Youth"
- "The Letter" (Wayne Carson Thompson) [*]
- "Levy Camp Blues" (Mississippi Fred McDowell) [*]
- "Roll and Tumble Blues" (Hambone Willie Newbern) [*]
- "The Log Cabin" (hidden track)
Tracks marked [*] only appear on the Die Cut Limited Edition disc 1.
Bonus Disc 2
- "Train" (spoken word)
- "Story" (spoken word)
- "Breakfast" (spoken word)
- "Heart Attack"
- "Lunch" (spoken word)
- "Laughin' to Keep from Cryin'" (Joe Callicot)
- Seasick Steve - vocals, lead guitar and foot percussion
- Dan Magnusson - drums
- Ruby Turner - vocals (track 4)
- KT Tunstall - rhythm guitar (track 4), backing vocals (track 5 & 12) & flute (track 12)
- Grinderman (track 8)
- Kim Fleming - backing vocals (track 1 & 4)
- Gale Mayes - backing vocals (track 1 & 4)
- Nick Brine - Engineering
- John Davis - Mastering
- Christopher Rowe - Mixing
|Australian Album Chart||17|
|Belgium (Flanders) Album Chart||38|
|French Albums Chart||107|
|Irish Albums Chart||13|
|Swedish Albums Chart||30|
|UK Albums Chart||9|
- "Seasick Steve - I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left". australian-charts.com/.
- "Seasick Steve - I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left". www.ultratop.be/nl/.
- "Seasick Steve - I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left". lescharts.com/.
- "I Started Out With Nothin' And I Still Got Most Of It Left - Acharts.us".
- "Seasick Steve - I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left". swedishcharts.com/.