Selina Todd, FRHistS (born 1975) is an English academic historian focusing on the working-classes in modern Britain. In 2015, Todd was appointed a Professor of Modern British History at the University of Oxford and, as of 2016, is vice-principal of St Hilda's College, Oxford.
Selina Todd was born in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1975 and, after schooling at a state comprehensive, she completed her undergraduate degree in history at Warwick University. After working in Canada and Cuba, she took a master of arts degree and then a doctor of philosophy degree in history at the University of Sussex.
After holding a Scouloudi Fellowship and Economic and Social Research Council Post-doctoral Fellowship at the Institute of Historical Research, Todd was elected to the Ottilie Hancock Research Fellowship in History at Girton College, Cambridge, in 2004. The following year, she was appointed a lecturer at Warwick University, and in 2007 took a lectureship in modern British history at the University of Manchester. In 2010, she was appointed a Fellow at St Hilda's College, Oxford, and a lecturer in history at the University of Oxford. In 2015, she was awarded the title of Professor of Modern History by the university. She is a fellow of the Royal Historical Society and, as of 2016, is vice-principal of St Hilda's.
Todd's research focuses on the history of the working-class, gender and feminism in modern Britain.
- The People: the Rise and Fall of the Working Class 1910–2010 (London: John Murray, 2014).
- "Class, experience and Britain's Twentieth Century", Social History, 2014
- "Family Welfare and Social Work in Postwar England", English Historical Review, 2014
- "People Matter: the legacy of E.P.Thompson's Making of the English Working Class", History Workshop Journal, 2013
- "Domestic Service and Class Relations in Britain, 1900–1950", Past and Present, 2009
- "Affluence, Class and Crown Street: Reinvestigating the Post-War Working Class", Contemporary British History, 2008, pp. 501–518
- Young Women, Work, and Family in England 1918-1950 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005).
- "Selina Todd (History 1997)", Development and Alumni Relations, University of Sussex. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Dr Selina Todd", The University of Manchester. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "College notices: Girton College", Reporter (Cambridge University), 28 July 2004. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Warwick welcomes - Dr Selina Todd", University of Warwick. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Appointments, Reappointments, and Conferments of Title", Oxoford University Gazette, 1 July 2010. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Recognition of Distinction: Successful Applicants 2015", The University of Oxford Gazette, no. 510915, October 2015. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Academic Staff – Dr Selina Todd", St Hilda's College, Oxford. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Professor Selina Todd will be the new President of the Socialist Education Association". St Hilda's College, University of Oxford. 21 July 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.