Sengkang Community Club
|Sengkang Community Club|
|Type||Community and Commercial|
|Floor count||5 with a basement car park|
The amenity centre is located in the town centre of Sengkang New Town. It serves to provide a one-stop access to community, educational, health care, security and counselling services for the residents of Sengkang New Town. The building, which was completed in 2004, houses a neighbourhood police centre, a Singapore Post post office, a People's Association community club, a SingHealth polyclinic, a Kandang Kerbau Women's and Children's Hospital women's clinic, and a Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association office.
Sengkang Community Club, and its community club and neighbourhood police centre, were officially opened by Teo Chee Hean, Minister for Defence and Member of Parliament for Pasir Ris-Punggol Group Representation Constituency, on 10 December 2005.
Sengkang Community Club is well-served by public transport, being located near the Sengkang MRT Station, the Sengkang Bus Interchange and the Sengkang LRT Station. It is located next to Compass Point Shopping Centre.
Sengkang Community Club currently houses the following community facilities:
- KK Women's Clinic @ Sengkang - opened in April 2005
- Punggol Central Constituency Office
- Sengkang Polyclinic (Singhealth) - started operations on 12 January 2005
- Sengkang Neighbourhood Police Centre - opened on 4 October 2004
- Sengkang Community Club - began operations in December 2004
- Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association (SANA) - opened on 29 January 2005
- Singapore Post - opened on 7 February 2005
Notes and references
- Ben Nadarajan (5 October 2004). "New police centre in Sengkang". The Straits Times. p. H4.
- Natalie Soh (9 April 2005). "It's quick isolation at new polyclinic". The Straits Times. p. H16.
- "Clinic for pregnant women set up in Sengkang". The Straits Times. 23 March 2005. p. H6.
- "New home for anti-drug association". The Sunday Times. 30 January 2005. p. 13.
- Lynn Kan (21 January 2006). "Ex-addicts get 2nd chance, thanks to Sana". The Straits Times. p. H10.
- "Project Success helps Pasir Ris-Punggol residents gain employment". Channel NewsAsia. 2005-12-10. Retrieved 2007-08-02.
- "Community Club Housed at Community Hub Provides All Encompassing Community and Commercial Services for Residents" (PDF). People's Association. 2005-12-09. Archived from the original (pdf) on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-08-02.
- Sarah Ng (11 December 2005). "Scheme finds jobs for 600 residents - in own estate". The Straits Times. p. 8.