Seventeen (2019 film)
Seventeen (Spanish: Diecisiete) is a 2019 Spanish comedy-drama film directed by Daniel Sánchez Arévalo, written by Daniel Sánchez Arévalo and Araceli Sánchez and starring Itsaso Arana, Kandido Uranga and Biel Montoro. The plot revolves around 17-year-old Héctor (Biel Montoro) who runs away from the youth detention center he's been at for the last two years to locate the dog Oveja that Héctor met on an animal rescue center. Héctor is accompanied by his older brother Ismael (Nacho Sánchez), who wants to make sure Héctor doesn't get into trouble.
The film had its world premiere at the San Sebastián International Film Festival on September 27, 2019 and was released theatrically in Spain on October 4, 2019, before digital streaming on October 18, 2019, by Netflix.
- Itsaso Arana as Esther
- Kandido Uranga as Cura
- Biel Montoro as Héctor
- Nacho Sánchez as Ismael
- Chani Martín as Primo Ignacio
- Mamen Duch as Jueza
- Lola Cordón as Cuca
- Jorge Cabrera as Profesor
- Iñigo Aranburu as Román
- Carolina Clemente as Prima Rosa
- Aaron Porras as Paisano
Seventeen had its premiere at the San Sebastián International Film Festival on September 27, 2019. It was released in selected cinemas in Spain on October 4, 2019. It was released by digital streaming on October 18, 2019, by Netflix.
- Jamie Lang. "Netflix's 'Seventeen' Charms at San Sebastian Premiere". Variety. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- "«Aspiro a perfeccionarme en el arte de mezclar comedia y drama»". El Diario Vasco (in Spanish). September 27, 2019. Retrieved September 27, 2019.
- "Netflix Sets Javier Gutierrez, Mario Casas for 'Hogar'". Variety. November 27, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-11-27. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- @NetflixPelis (August 26, 2019). "Así es #diecisiete:👦🧔👵🐶🚐🗺️. El regreso de Daniel @sanchezarevalo llegará el 4 de octubre a cines seleccionados y el 18 de octubre a Netflix" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Jennifer Green. "San Sebastian Film Festival Unveils First Competition Titles". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-07-19.