|Studio album by|
|Released||February 8, 2005|
|Recorded||2004 at Ocean Way Studios in Nashville, Tennessee|
|Genre||Alternative rock, post-grunge, hard rock|
|3 Doors Down chronology|
|Singles from Seventeen Days|
Seventeen Days is the third studio album by American rock band 3 Doors Down. It was released on February 8, 2005, five years to the day that the band released their debut album The Better Life. It topped the chart on the Billboard 200 soon after it was released. Bob Seger sings a duet with lead singer, Brad Arnold, on the song "Landing in London".
All tracks written by Brad Arnold, Matt Roberts, Todd Harrell and Chris Henderson.
|1.||"Right Where I Belong"||2:32|
|2.||"It's Not Me"||3:14|
|3.||"Let Me Go"||3:52|
|5.||"Landing in London (feat. Bob Seger and string arrangements by David Campbell)"||4:31|
|6.||"The Real Life"||3:52|
|7.||"Behind Those Eyes"||4:19|
|8.||"Never Will I Break"||3:50|
|10.||"Live for Today"||3:47|
|12.||"Here by Me"||3:47|
|US DualDisc Alternate Bonus Tracks|
|13.||"Let Me Go (Acoustic)"||3:49|
|14.||"Be Somebody (Acoustic)"||3:11|
|15.||"Landing in London (Acoustic)"||4:47|
|16.||"My World (Acoustic)"||2:59|
- The UK Bonus Edition features "Let Me Go (Acoustic Version)" as a bonus track.
- The iTunes version features "Be Somebody (Acoustic Version)" as an album-only track, appearing after "Here by Me".
- This album was delayed shortly in 2004 because 3 Doors Down was busy touring around with their previous album Away from the Sun.
- The live version of "It’s Not Me" was featured on Another 700 Miles EP.
- Many people believe the album was written by the band in seventeen days, hence the name of the album, but this is not true. The name was created because the band only had 17 days off from the end of their Away from the Sun tour and being back in the studio to work on their new album.
- Seventeen Days was certified platinum just a month after its release.
- "Behind Those Eyes" was used as one of two theme songs for the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) event WrestleMania 21 in 2005.
- This is the only 3 Doors Down studio album to feature drummer Daniel Adair, who left the group to join Nickelback in 2005.
3 Doors Down
- Brad Arnold - lead vocals
- Matt Roberts - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Henderson - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Todd Harrell - bass
- Daniel Adair - drums, backing vocals
- Bob Seger - vocals on "Landing in London"
- Bekka Bramlett, Crystal Taliefero, Janet Kenyon, Amy Owsley and Kelley Norris - background vocals on "Father's Son"
- Nick Hoffman - banjo and violin on "Father's Son"
- Kristin Wilkinson, Anthony La Marchina, Mary Kathryn Van Osdale, David B. Angell (The Love Sponge String Quartet) - strings on "Here by Me" and "Landing in London"
- Kirk Kelsey and Kristin Wilkinson - string arrangements on "Here by Me" and "Landing in London"
- Johnny K - producer, engineering
- Kirk Kelsey and Tadpole - additional engineering, digital editing
- Leslie Richter and Todd Schall - assistant engineering
- Andy Wallace - mixing at Emerald Studios, Nashville, TN
- John O'Mahony - Pro-Tools (assisted by Allen Ditto)
- Howie Weinberg - mastering at MasterDisk Studios, New York, NY
- Tom MacKay and Anthony Rollo - A&R
- Sandy Brummels - art direction
- Karen Walker - design
- Dean Karr - photography