|Studio album by 3 Doors Down|
|Released||February 8, 2005|
|Recorded||2004 at Ocean Way Studios in Nashville, Tennessee|
|Genre||Alternative rock, post-grunge|
|3 Doors Down chronology|
|Singles from Seventeen Days|
It is 3 Doors Down's first album in the three years since 2002's Away from the Sun. It topped the chart on the Billboard 200 soon after it was released. Bob Seger sings a duet with lead singer, Brad Arnold, on the song "Landing in London".
All tracks written by Brad Arnold, Matt Roberts, Todd Harrell and Chris Henderson.
|1.||"Right Where I Belong"||2:32|
|2.||"It's Not Me"||3:14|
|3.||"Let Me Go"||3:52|
|5.||"Landing in London (feat. Bob Seger and string arrangements by David Campbell)"||4:31|
|6.||"The Real Life"||3:52|
|7.||"Behind Those Eyes"||4:19|
|8.||"Never Will I Break"||3:50|
|10.||"Live for Today"||3:47|
|12.||"Here by Me"||3:47|
|US DualDisc Alternate Bonus Tracks|
|13.||"Let Me Go (Acoustic)"||3:49|
|14.||"Be Somebody (Acoustic)"||3:11|
|15.||"Landing in London (Acoustic)"||4:47|
|16.||"My World (Acoustic)"||2:59|
- The UK Bonus Edition features "Let Me Go (Acoustic Version)" as a bonus track.
- The iTunes version features "Be Somebody (Acoustic Version)" as an album-only track, appearing after "Here by Me".
- This album was delayed shortly in 2004 because 3 Doors Down was busy touring around with their previous album Away from the Sun.
- The live version of "It’s Not Me" was featured on Another 700 Miles EP.
- Many people believe the album was written by the band in seventeen days, hence the name of the album, but this is not true. The name was created because the band only had 17 days off from the end of their Away from the Sun tour and being back in the studio to work on their new album.
- Seventeen Days was certified platinum just a month after its release.
- "Behind Those Eyes" was used as one of two theme songs for the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) event, WrestleMania 21.
- This is the only studio album to feature drummer Daniel Adair, who left the group to join Nickelback..
3 Doors Down
- Brad Arnold - Lead vocals
- Matt Roberts - Lead guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Henderson - Rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Todd Harrell - Bass
- Daniel Adair - Drums, backing vocals
- Bob Seger - Vocals on "Landing in London"
- Bekka Bramlett, Crystal Taliefero, Janet Kenyon, Amy Owsley and Kelley Norris - Background vocals on "Father's Son"
- Nick Hoffman - Banjo and violin on "Father's Son"
- Kristin Wilkinson, Anthony La Marchina, Mary Kathryn Van Osdale, David B. Angell - Strings on "Here by Me" and "Landing in London"
- String arrangements by Kirk Kelsey & Kristin Wilkinson