|Princess Shahnaz Pahlavi|
|Princess of Iran|
27 October 1940 |
|Spouse||Ardeshir Zahedi (1957–1964)
Khosrow Jahanbani (1971–2014)
|Issue||Zahra Mahnaz Zahedi
|House||House of Pahlavi|
|Father||Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi|
|Mother||Princess Fawzia Fuad of Egypt|
Early life and education
Shahnaz Pahlavi was born in Tehran on 27 October 1940. She is the only child of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and his first wife Princess Fawzia Fuad. Shahnaz is the half-sister of Crown Prince Reza Pahlavi, Princess Farahnaz Pahlavi, Prince Ali Reza Pahlavi II and Princess Leila Pahlavi – the four children of the Shah by his third wife, Shahbanou Farah Pahlavi. Her maternal grandparents were King Fuad I and Queen Nazli of Egypt; and her paternal grandparents were Rezā Shāh Pahlavi and Queen Tadj ol-Molouk of Iran. She is also the niece of King Farouk I of Egypt and thus a cousin of the last Egyptian King, Fuad II. Therefore, her ancestry includes Circassian, Persian, French, Turkish, Albanian and Azerbaijani.
Her first marriage, at age seventeen, was to Ardeshir Zahedi on 11 October 1957, at Golestan Palace in Tehran.  He was one-time Iranian foreign minister and twice Iranian ambassador to the United States (1957–64 and 1972–79).  Zahedi and she first met in Germany in 1955. The couple have one daughter, Princess (styled "Vala Gohari") Zahra Mahnaz Zahedi (born 2 December 1958 in Tehran). They divorced in 1964.
Shahnaz later married Khosrow Jahanbani in February 1971 at the Iranian Embassy, Paris. Their marriage lasted until Jahanbani's death in April 2014. They have one son, Keykhosrow (born 20 November 1971), and one daughter, Fawzia (born 1973).
After the 1979 Revolution
Titles, styles and honours
- 27 October 1940 – 25 October 1967: Her Royal Highness Princess Shahnaz of Iran
- 25 October 1967 – Present: Her Imperial Highness Princess Shahnaz of Iran
- : Grand Cross of the Order of Aryamehr
- : Grand Cross of the Order of the Pleiades, 1st class
- : 25th Anniversary medal
- : 2,500 year celebration of the Persian Empire
|Ancestors of Shahnaz Pahlavi|
- "Royal Beauty: Princess Shahnaz Pahlavi (1960's/70's)". Iranian. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- Charmody, Diedre (27 July 1973). "Nixon forth to see Shah". The Leader Post (New York). Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "A quick look at the Shah's life". Lawrence Journal. AP. 28 July 1980. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Shah's daughter 'could not stand' exile". BBC. 12 June 2001. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Only child of Shah of Iran will marry in simple rites". Ocala Star Banner (Tehran). AP. 10 October 1957. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Iran Shah's daughter to wed engineer in simple ceremony". Lewiston Evening Journal (Tehran). AP. 10 October 1957. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Milestones, Dec. 15, 1958". Time. 15 December 1958. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "The Qajar Dynasty". Royal Ark. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "105 Iranian films said controlled by royal family". The Leader Post (Tehran). AP. 22 January 1979. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Royal Ark
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shahnaz Pahlavi.|