|Born||June 29, 1936
|Died||October 29, 2007 (aged 71)
Malad, Mumbai, India
|Occupation||Poet, Humorist, Lyricist, Actor|
|Relatives||Asha chaturvedi ( cousin sister ) Akash Chaturvedi (Shail's Brother's Son)|
He started his career as a lecturer at Allahabad University, soon started taking part in various Kavi sammelan (poetry gatherings), and with his tongue-in-cheek political commentary, made a place for himself amidst leading humorists, hasya kavi of the 1970s and 1980s, like Kaka Hathrasi, Pradeep Chaubey and Ashok Chakradhar.
He became a regular feature of the annual kavi sammelan on Doordarshan, state-run TV channel, around the Holi festival. He also acted in a number of Hindi films, like Uphaar (1971), Chitchor (1976), Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986) and Kareeb (1998)
He died on October 29, 2007, after suffering from chronic renal failure for some time, and was survived by his wife Daya and three sons.
- Uphaar (1971) as Shankarlal
- Mere Bhaiya (1972) as Publisher
- Chitchor (1976) as Chaubey
- Payal Ki Jhankaar (1980)
- Jazbaat (1980) as Havaldar Pandey
- Hum Do Hamare Do (1985)
- Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986) as Lachchuram Kaphanchi (Makhkhan's Father)
- Narsimha (1991) as Seema's dad
- Dhanwan (1993) as Hamidbhai
- Kareeb (1998)
- Tirchhi Topiwale (1998)
- TV series
- Shrimaan Shrimati (1989) as Bablu Prasad Sharma (Keshav's boss)
- Zabaan Sambhalke (1993) as School Inspector
- Byomekesh Bakshi (1997) as Rameshwar Roy
- [Kakkaji Kahin] as Netaji
- Bazar Ka Ye Hal Hai, Pub. Shri Hindi Sahitya Sansar, 1988.
- Chal Gayi, Fusion Books. ISBN 9788128810145.
- "Satirist Shail Chaturvedi passes away". DNA (newspaper). October 30, 2007.
- "Deaths". Pratiyogita Darpan 2 (18). Pratiyogita Darpan - December 2007.
- Shail Chaturvedi at the Internet Movie Database
- Shail Chaturvedi recites on YouTube
- Excerpt from Chal Gayi by Shail Chaturvedi
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|