||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Shaheila binti Abdul Majid|
|Born||3 January 1965 (aged 51)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Genres||Jazz, Swing Pop, Pop Rock, R&B|
|Occupation(s)||Singer and actress|
|Labels||Titra Industries Sdn. Bhd.
Roslan Aziz Productions (RAP)
EMI (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
Warner Music (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
|Associated acts||Zainal Abidin, Afdlin Shauki, Zubir Ali, Johan Nawawi, Nora, Liza Aziz, Azlina Aziz KRU, Poetic Ammo, Harvey Malaiholo, Chandra, Karen Kong, Jaclyn Victor|
Shaheila binti Abdul Majid (born 3 January 1965 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia), commonly known as Sheila Majid is a Malaysian female pop singer. She is of Mandailing-Javanese descent. She has also appeared in Malaysian television commercial and brand ambassador for Reckitt Benckiser's Strepsils (available in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Timor-Leste) from 1 February 2013 to now. She's is dubbed as "Queen of Jazz" in Malaysia.
She attended schools at Convent Goodshepherd Kindergarten, Methodist Girls Primary School and Methodist Girls Secondary School, all in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She was married to Roslan Aziz, the producer of her previous albums, but has since divorced him. Sheila performed at the Tokyo Music Festival in 1989.
Achievements and career highlights
- 1985: debut album Dimensi Baru
- 1986: second album Emosi locally in Malaysia and also in Indonesia.
- 1987: first non-native to win Indonesia's BASF award for Best Female R&B Artist.
- 1988: third studio album Warna
- wins America's International Star Search Award for Best Female Vocalist.
- performed at the Tokyo Music Festival.
- 1990: first Malaysian artist to break into Japan with her albums Emosi and Warna, as well as her single "Sinaran"
- fourth studio album Legenda
- 1991: Legenda concert at Stadium Negara in Kuala Lumpur.
- 1996: first Malaysian artist to stage a solo show in London's West End at the Royalty Theatre
- Performs at the Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London.
- 2000: performed at the Dewan Filharmonik Petronas in Kuala Lumpur to commomerate her fifteenth anniversary in the music industry.
- sixth studio album Ku Mohon is named Best Pop Album and its title track won Song Of The Year at Malaysia's Anugerah Industri Muzik
- invited to represent Malaysia in Jakarta, Indonesia for a concert entitled Diva S.E.A.
- 2004: seventh album Cinta Kita, produced by Warner Music Indonesia topped the Indonesian pop charts
- 2006: re-release of Legenda XV XX album under EMI Malaysia.
- 2012: Receives "Anugerah Khas Planet Muzik" (Notable Award) at the 11th-Anugerah Planet Muzik at the Max Pavilion, Singapore in recognising her 27 years in music industry.
- 2013: television commercial and brand ambassador for Reckitt Benckiser's Strepsils from 1 February 2013 to present available in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Timor Leste into multichannel television sound digital audio broadcasting goes to occasional predominant chord dubbed in Malaysian (Malay dialect) voice over "STREPSILS Hidup Saya Hidup Sihat" to slogan and motto join company name's "HIDUP SIHAT, Nasihati Yang Diyakini" and Malaysian-Singapore English (English dialect) voice over "I Trust What Month For Me STREPSILS Tell Me How He" to slogan and motto join company name's "LIVE HEALTHY, Advice You Can Trust".
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Sheila Majid|