|Other names||Sheldon Posen, I. Sheldon Posen|
|Education||PhD University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||Curator of Canadian Folklife (ret'd)|
|Employer||Canadian Museum of History|
|Known for||Finest Kind, columnist for Sing Out!|
|Children||son and daughter|
Shelley (I. Sheldon) Posen is a Canadian folklorist, singer and songwriter, a member of the folk trio Finest Kind, and a former writer of the 'Songfinder' column for Sing Out!. In the 1970s, while still a graduate student, he was the Director of Mariposa in the Schools. He conducted fieldwork and recorded traditional songs extensively in the Ottawa Valley. He was Curator of Canadian Folklife at the Canadian Museum of Civilization/Canadian Museum of History from 2001 to 2015. He has written on traditional song, Canadian sports and cultural heroes, and the folklore of Canadian foods such as the butter tart.
Publications and articles
- Old Bush Songs: The Centenary Edition of Banjo Paterson's Classic Collection (review) Folk Music Journal, January 1, 2007.
- English-French Macaronic Songs in Canada - A Research Note and Query. Folksongs 
- Posen, I.S. and Taft M. The Newfoundland Popular Music Project. Canadian Folk Music Journal 1 (1973) pages 17–23
- Posen, I.S. and Sciorra, J. Brooklyn's Dancing Tower. Natural History 96(6) 1983 pages 30–37
- Books authored
- Posen, Sheldon and Erin Gursky (2015). Terry Fox: Running to the Heart of Canada. Canadian Museum of History.
- Posen, I. Sheldon (2004). 626 By 9: A Goal-by-Goal Timeline of Maurice the Rocket Richard's Scoring Career in Pictures, Stats, and Stories. Canadian Museum of Civilization. ISBN 0-660-19255-1.
- The Canadian Pub Caroler compiled by Shelley Posen, OFC Publications, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada 2002. ISSM # m-706023-00-7 
- For Singing and Dancing and All Sorts of Fun (1988) ISBN 978-0-88879-178-8. Winner of the 1991 Porcupine Book Award
- Posen, I. Sheldon; Joseph Sciorra; David M Kahn (1989). The Giglio: Brooklyn's Dancing Tower. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Historical Society. OCLC 22905350.
- Posen, Shelley (2009). The Christmas Canoe. Illustrated by Magdalene Carson. Renfrew, Ontario, Canada: General Store Publishing House. ISBN 978-1-897508-35-0. OCLC 440090567.
For a listing of Shelley Posen's recorded songs to 2015, see http://shelleyposen.com/song-catalogue.html
- No More Fish, No Fishermen
- Having a Drink with Jane
- When First I Stepped in a Canoe
- Everyone Loves Shabbes But the Chickens
- The La-La-Latke Song
- So How Come You Don't Have Tongue?
- And We Sang 'Ha Lakhma Anya'
- Fork Garden
- Thanks for the Song
- Christmas Trilogy
- There's Always Money for a War
- Solo CDs
- Roseberry Road 2014
- Menorah: Songs from a Jewish Life 2007
- The Old Songs' Home 2003
- Manna 2003
- CDs as part of Finest Kind
- Lost in a Song 1996
- Heart's Delight 1999
- Silks & Spices 2004
- Feasts & Spirits 2004
- For Honour & For Gain 2010
- From Shore to Shore 2014
- When Two Careers Are Better Than One, by Randy Ray, undated. Accessed January 9, 2008.
- "Finest Kind". Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- Goliath Business News. "Shelley Posen". Retrieved 2007-01-09.
- Posen, Sheldon. "Butter Tart" (Web Article). Bill Casselman. Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- "Ottawa Folklore Centre". Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- 1991 Porcupine Awards
- Canoesongs. "Shelley Posen". Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- Wolzinger, Keith. "Review: Menorah-Songs from a Jewish Life" (Web Review). Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- "WCVF FM Playlist "General Eclectic"". Retrieved 2008-02-14.