Sher Mountain Killings Mystery
|Sher Mountain Killings Mystery|
|Directed by||Vince Martin|
|Produced by||Phillip Avalon|
|Written by||Denis Whitburn|
|Music by||Art Phillips|
|Edited by||Ted Otton|
|Budget||A$1.5 million or $500,000|
A gang of thieves steal a special stone with magical powers from an extremely old man and "The Protector" is tasked to catch the criminals and return the gem.
- Phillip Avalon as Caine Cordeaux
- Tom Richards as Alex Cordeaux
- Abigail as Muriel Cordeaux
- Richard Carter as Conrad
- Ron Becks as Sole
- Elizabeth McIvor as Dianne Cordeaux
- Jeffrey Rhoe as Davey-Joe Cordeaux
- Steven Jacobs as Billy Cordeaux
- David Wheeler as Wacka
In the late 1980s Avalon was running Avalon Film Studios and wanted to get back into production. He was keen "to do something really different. I thought maybe I'd develop a mystery set in the early part of the 20th century. I remembered how, in my youth, in those children stories there was magic stones that had a 'life force'. So I added that thought and spiced it with further mystery like how it was guarded by an ancient ranger on a secluded mountain."
Avalon decided to fund the film personally via a loan and hired Vince Martin, who had helped on the filming of Breaking Loose to direct.
Avalon managed to sell the film for $500,000.
- "Production Survey", Cinema Papers, March 1990 p72
- Avalon p 215
- Scott Murray, "Sher Mountains Killings Mystery", Australian Film 1978-1992, Oxford Uni Press, 1993 p304
- Avalon, Phil (2015). From Steel City to Hollywood. New Holland. p. 213.
- Avalon p 215
- Avalon p 216
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|