Martin with the Carolina Panthers in 2009
|No. 23, 26, 36, 47|
|Born:||October 12, 1984|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Griffin (GA)|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 4, 2015|
Jerald Sherrod Martin (born October 12, 1984) is a former American football safety. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Troy. Martin has also played for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Chicago Bears.
In his first career start against Arizona, Martin recorded two interceptions.
On December 30, 2013, the Jacksonville Jaguars signed Martin to a reserve/future contract. He was released on August 30, 2014. He was re-signed on September 23. He became a free agent after the 2014 season.
Martin cut hair in his neighborhood growing up and for teammates in college. During his time with the Jaguars, Sherrod Martin trained to become a barber, preparing for a career after the NFL. Martin now currently works as a master barber in the Atlanta area and with current and former NFL players.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-28. Retrieved 2009-04-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Alper, Josh (September 23, 2014). "Jaguars sign Sherrod Martin amid flurry of moves". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-03-20.
- Gantt, Darin (June 18, 2015). "Bears sign Sherrod Martin and Daniel Thomas, waive Pat Devlin". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry (September 6, 2015). "Bears claim Omameh, Jones-Quartey". ChicagoBears.com. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Biggs, Brad (October 6, 2015). "Bears to sign veteran safety Sherrod Martin". ChicagoTribune.com. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- Felder, Justin (October 18, 2016). "Trying a new style: NFL player working as master barber".