Sherwood T. Brown, October 2013
August 2, 1991 |
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Olympia (Orlando, Florida)|
|College||Florida Gulf Coast (2009–2013)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Undrafted|
|2014||Maine Red Claws|
|2014||Fuerza Guinda de Nogales|
|2014–2015||Maine Red Claws|
|Career highlights and awards|
Sherwood Terrell Brown (born August 2, 1991) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for Byblos of the FLB League. From 2009 to 2013, he played college basketball at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, Florida. Brown was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Year in 2013 as a senior.
Brown was born in Columbus, Georgia and lived there for about five months, before moving to Waverly Hall, Georgia for a year. His family subsequently moved to Florida, where Brown has resided since. Brown averaged 11.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.3 steals per game during his senior year at Olympia High School in Orlando, Florida.
Brown played in 27 games in his first year at Florida Gulf Coast University, and started five games. He averaged 4.5 points and 3.6 rebounds per game. In his college debut, he had six points and four rebounds against Michigan State. His season high came in a win over Belmont, when he scored 16 points and collected 7 rebounds.
Brown started 5 of 27 games again in his second year at Florida Gulf Coast University. He ended the season averaging 7.0 points and 3.2 rebound per game. He shot 46 percent in three-point shots to lead the Atlantic Sun Conference. Brown scored his career high in points against USC Upstate with 28.
In his junior season, Brown made the Atlantic Sun all-conference second team. His season high for points was when he scored 24 points and hauled in seven rebounds. He Averaged 12.8 points and 5.9 rebounds a game that season. Brown won the Atlantic Sun player of the week award on January 31, 2012, and he was also named to the Atlantic Sun All-Tournament team.
Brown won the Atlantic Sun player of the year in his senior season. He was the third player in Florida Gulf Coast Eagles history to score 1,000 points and the first FGCU player to score both 1000 points and grab 500 rebounds in his career. He scored 16 points and brought in 11 rebounds to help Florida Gulf Coast win its first ever Atlantic Sun title and its first career NCAA Tournament appearance in just the school's second year of full Division I eligibility. In the 2013 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, Brown, scoring 24 points and grabbing 9 rebounds, led his Eagles to 78–68 win over No. 2 seed Georgetown. Then, his #15 seeded Eagles made history, by beating #7 seed San Diego State, 81–71. It marked the first time a No. 15 seed reached the sweet sixteen. Brown scored 17 points and added 8 rebounds in the contest. His final game was against the Florida Gators, where the Eagles' Cinderella run ended with a 62–50 loss.
Brown went undrafted in the 2013 NBA draft. On July 17, 2013, he signed a one-year deal (with the option of a second) with Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli Basketball Premier League. However, he was later released by Maccabi on October 27, 2013 before appearing in a game for them.
On October 31, 2014, Brown was reacquired by the Maine Red Claws.
- "Sherwood Brown - 2011-12 Men's Basketball - Official Site of Florida Gulf Coast Athletics". Fgcuathletics.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Atlantic Sun Conference" (PDF). Fgcuathletics.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- Sherwood Brown. "Sherwood Brown - 2011-12 Men's Basketball - Official Site of Florida Gulf Coast Athletics". Fgcuathletics.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Fla. Gulf Coast vs Mercer - Men's Basketball Division I - March 9, 2013". NCAA.com. 2013-03-09. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "FGCU vs Georgetown - Men's Basketball Division I - March 22, 2013". NCAA.com. 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-men/d1/2013/03/24/fla-gulf-coast-san-diego-s. Retrieved March 25, 2013. Missing or empty
- "Maccabi Haifa signs Sherwood Brown". Sportando.com. July 17, 2013. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- "Maccabi Haifa waive Sherwood Brown". Sportando.com. October 27, 2013. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- Maine Red Claws Acquire Sherwood Brown
- Sherwood Brown signs in Mexico with Fuerza Guinda de Nogales
- Red Claws Announce Affiliate Players, Returning Player Invitees
- "Byblos add Brown to their roster". Asia-Basket.com. November 19, 2015. Retrieved November 19, 2015.