|Motto||Advancing Liberty With Responsibility by Promoting Market Solutions for Missouri Public Policy|
|Focus||Economic policy in Missouri|
|Chairman||Crosby Kemper III|
|Executive Director||Brenda Talent|
(FYE December 2015)
|Address||5297 Washington Place
Saint Louis, MO 63108
The Show-Me Institute is an American think tank based in St. Louis, Missouri that promotes public policies that advance free market principles. Founded in 2005, the organization focuses on economic policy issues in the state of Missouri. The stated mission of the Show-Me Institute is "improving the quality of life for all citizens of Missouri by advancing sensible, well-researched solutions to state and local policy issues." The organization was founded in 2005 by Rex Sinquefield, who serves as president of the institute's board of directors.
The institute's first study, released in March 2006, argued for the elimination of the earnings tax in St. Louis and Kansas City. In February 2007, the institute released a report on mayoral control of the St. Louis public school system, suggesting mayoral control would be preferable to school board control. In January 2008, the institute released a study examining the effects of a tuition tax credit program in Missouri. The study suggested legislation to reimburse the parents of private school children for property taxes would be good public policy.
- Wagman, Jake (September 2, 2010). "Brenda Talent tapped to lead Show-Me Institute". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Show-Me Institute" (PDF). Foundation Center. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "Former Sen. Talent's wife joins Show-Me Institute". Columbia Missourian. Associated Press. September 2, 2010. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "About the Show-Me Institute". Show-Me Institute. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Think Tank Urges KC To Do Away With Earnings Tax". KMBC.com. 2006-05-24. Archived from the original on March 7, 2012.
- Weber, Tom (February 6, 2007). "Study suggests mayoral control for St. Louis schools". St. Louis Public Radio. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Miller, Susan (January 18, 2008). "Bill Would Give Tax Break to Private School Parents". Columbia Missourian. Archived from the original on January 29, 2008. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- The Show-Me Institute
- Organizational Profile – National Center for Charitable Statistics (Urban Institute)
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|