|Alma mater||St. Patrick's College (Karachi), Institute of Business Administration, Karachi|
|Occupation||Founder & Chairman|
Shan Foods Limited
|Years active||1981 – present|
|Known for||Founding the leading spice company in Pakistan|
|Board member of||Shan Foods Ltd.|
|Awards||Marketing Association of Pakistan's Guru Award|
Sikandar Sultan is a Pakistani entrepreneur and philanthropist who is the founder and now Chairman of Shan Food Industries. In 1981, Sultan was the first person to recognize and take advantage of the potential of launching an independent company that produced hygienic, first-rate packaged recipe mixes and plain spices. During this period, he took the traditional Pakistani national heritage of spice mixes and developed it into a food enterprise.
The company now stands as one of the leading spice companies in Pakistan. Shan Foods Company distributes a range of food items in 60 countries across the globe. The company has manufacturing plants in three locations including Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and UAE and also has distribution centers in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Sultan additionally acquired Raani Foods, a UK-based brand.
By 2014 according to The Economic Times of India "Sultan is considered the guru of Pakistan's packaged food industry."
Shan Foods background
Sikandar Sultan identified a gap in the food industry of Pakistan, where ready-made spice mixes were unheard of and selling loose spices were the norm in the stores. He took Pakistan’s cultural heritage of spice mixes to create Shan Foods. From thereon, he led Shan Foods to become the second largest packaged spice mixes and packaged food products company of Pakistan ranked only behind National Foods Limited. As of 2017, the Company exports its products to more than 60 countries and has annual revenues exceeding Rs. 9 billion.
The Marketing Association of Pakistan (MAP) recognized Sikandar Sultan for his corporate success in 2011 and awarded him as an acclaimed marketing ‘Guru’ of the food industry.
- Pakistan’s King of Masalas spins his own magic, The News International (newspaper), Published 27 April 2008, Retrieved 15 October 2017
- Culinary treasure: Popular food brands fail to protect recipes, The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 8 March 2015, Retrieved 15 October 2017
- The Economic Times December 23, 2014
- Food, the best PR?, The Hindu (newspaper), Published 15 March 2004, Retrieved 15 October 2017
- Prime Minister gives away KCCI export performance awards, Aaj TV News, Published 28 September 2009, Retrieved 15 October 2017
|This business-related Pakistani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|