Silicon Milkroundabout is a series of job fairs held in London and Edinburgh  for the UK tech start-up community. The event was set up by Songkick in order to attract computer science talent to the startup community. The event's name is a portmanteu of Silicon Roundabout and the Milk round university recruiting events.
Eric Van Der Kleij the chief executive of the Tech City Investment Organisation said: "The technology industry is flourishing in the UK, and digital and tech companies are providing increasing opportunities for employment. While the sector contributes £66.4 billion annually to the economy, one of the biggest challenges is finding the very best tech talent and convincing them that start-ups are the place to be."
The Bootstrapped Initiative
Milkroundabout’s 'bootstrapped initiative' has been a massive success and helped lots of early stage startups throughout the years. They offer highly subsidised pitch spaces to bootstrapped teams* and are also currently on the hunt for underrepresented groups to help; teams with a female on their founding team and founders under 25.
It’s inclusive, and it puts the little startups in the same room as the scale-ups and high growth tech companies. It is integral to the company’s founding values of inclusivity and cross-pollination. The Initiative is championed by co-founders Cristiana Camisotti    and Pete Smith 
Bootstrapped startups have no external investment and they are usually two person teams working from a tech hub, coffee shop or from their bedrooms.
The third event was held on 26 and 27 May 2012. This time it was a two-day event focusing on product management, user interface design and analysts on the first day, and developers, testers and project managers on the second.
The fourth event was held on 10 and 11 November 2012.
The fifth event was held on 11 and 12 May 2013.
The sixth event was held on 16 and 17 November 2013.
The seventh event was held on 10 and 11 May 2014.
The eighth event was held on 15 and 16 November 2014.
The ninth event will be held on 9 and 10 May 2015 with over 200 companies and 3000 candidates attending.
Silicon Milkroundabout Scotland 1.0
- Nick Clark (27 September 2011). "UK start-ups kick off the hunt for new talent". The Independent.
- Tim Bradshaw (27 October 2011). "High tech and City meet in Shoreditch". Financial Times.
- "Turning the tables to find recruits". Evening Standard. 4 October 2011.
- Tanya Combrinck. "Devs tempted by Silicon Milkroundabout". .Net Magazine.
- Olivia Solon (5 May 2011). "'Silicon Milkroundabout' aims to tempt talent away from the City". Wired UK.
- Ian Hogarth (30 May 2011). "Silicon Milkroundabout: How London startups took hiring back into their own hands". TechCrunch.
- "Silicon Milkroundabout website".
- Mike Butcher (26 September 2011). "London startups fire a hiring gun at the banks". TechCrunch.
- Aaron Lee (10 November 2011). "Silicon Milkroundabout: London start-ups doing it for themselves". East London Lines.
- (2015) Skills shortage? Not according to Silicon Milkroundabout! Swarm Online, Retrieved 11 May 2015
- (22 February 2015) UK’s leading tech jobs fair comes to Edinburgh The edinburgh Reporter, Retrieved 11 May 2015
- (15 April 2015) Silicon Milkroundabout Scotland 1.0 YouTube, Retrieved 11 May n2015