16 May 1976
|Occupation||Psychologist, TV host, writer, lecturer|
Silvia Olmedo (born 16 May 1976) is a Spanish psychologist, sexologist, TV host, producer and author. She has worked in Spain, the US, UK, Netherlands, Australia and Mexico, where currently hosts a TV show named Amordidas, focused on educating people on psychology, sexology and health habits.
Silvia has written three books about psychology, in which she talks about relationships, sexuality, anxiety and self-esteem – Pregúntale a Silvia…Los secretos de Eva (Ask Silvia…Eve's secrets), Los misterios del amor y el sexo (The Mysteries of Love and Sex) and Mis sentimientos erróneos. All of them became bestsellers, with more than 150,000 copies sold.
Besides her work as a TV content producer and host, she's also dedicated to research in health and mental issues. Silvia is member of the editorial board of Women's Health magazine. She collaborates with NGOs such as México Vivo for education and HIV prevention and is part of the steering committee of Vive Consciente. She is also a well-known lecturer.
- Amordidas 2013– Unicable Televisa Networks
- Cuentamelove 2007–2014 Telehit Televisa Networks
- Sexo Consentido 2009–2011, Telehit, Televisa Networks
- Sexo con Kristoff 2006–2009 Telehit, Televisa Networks
Íntimamente MVS 102.5 2012
- 2009 Pregúntale a Silvia…Los secretos de Eva, Aguilar Santillana (Ask Silvia…Eve's secrets).
- 2011 Los misterios del amor y el sexo Aguilar, Publishers (The Mysteries of Love and Sex).
- 2014 Mis sentimientos erróneos Aguilar, Publishers
In November 2010, Silvia Olmedo was awarded in Los Angeles, CA by Premios Libertad and One Love Foundation; winning the categories of Most Popular TV Show for Cuentamelove and Most Popular Informative TV Show Host.
In 2012 One of the Year (For her work on health promotion and psychology by the Women Mexican Chamber of Commerce)
Named Health Ambassador in Social Networks by Mexico's Ministry of Health.