Sing Again with The Chipmunks
|Sing Again with the Chipmunks|
|Studio album by David Seville and The Chipmunks|
|David Seville and The Chipmunks chronology|
1961 reissue, utilizing the animated makeovers for The Alvin Show
|Singles from Sing Again with the Chipmunks|
Sing Again with The Chipmunks is The Chipmunks' second album, released by Liberty Records in January 1960. The album follows the same format as their first album, and contains the group's fifth and sixth singles—"Alvin's Orchestra" and "Coming 'Round the Mountain". Since its initial release, Sing Again with The Chipmunks has appeared twice on CD; both releases utilized the revised 1961 cover artwork, minus the song lyrics printed on the original back cover.
Sing Again with The Chipmunks was expected to do as well as Let's All Sing with the Chipmunks which peaked at #4 on Billboard's Pop Albums Chart. Instead, it peaked at #31.
The original issue of the album depicted three realistic looking chipmunks on the cover sharing space with a photo of David Seville. When the album was reissued one year later, a new cover was substituted, that of an Alvin Show animation cel setup reenacting the poses the original chipmunks and Seville made.
- "Sing Again with the Chipmunks" (Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.) – 0:53
- "Coming 'Round the Mountain" (Traditional, arr. Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.) – 2:14*
- "Home on the Range" (Brewster Higley and Daniel Kelley) – 2:53*
- "I Wish I Had a Horse" (Ross Bagdasarian Sr., Mark McIntyre) – 2:04*
- "Swanee River" (Stephen Foster) – 1:49*
- "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" (Patrick Sarsfield Gilmore) – 1:35*
- "Sing a Goofy Song" (Ross Bagdasarian Sr.) – 2:32*
- "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" (Harry Thacker Burleigh) – 2:02*
- "Witch Doctor" (Ross Bagdasarian Sr.) — ("group" version) – 2:04*
- "Working on the Railroad" (Bill Balsham, var. Benny Goodman) – 1:56*
- "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" (Traditional, arr. by E. O. Lyte, Ross Bagdasarian Sr.) – 1:38*
- "Alvin’s Orchestra" (Ross Bagdasarian Sr.) – 3:01*
- - later adapted as a musical segment for The Alvin Show
- David Seville – keyboards, conduction and commentary
- Alvin Chipmunk – lead vocals, guitars, and harmonica
- Simon Chipmunk – guitars, bass and background vocals
- Theodore Chipmunk – drums and background vocals
- Abnuceals Emuukha Electric Symphony Orchestra – strings and horns on "Alvin's Orchestra"
- Ross Bagdasarian – Producer
- Ted Keep – Engineer
- Pate/Francis & Assoc. – cover design and actual artwork – [original pressing]
- Studio Five – animation artwork – [reissue pressing]
- Allmusic review
- "Sing Again with The Chipmunks: Information from Answers.com" (upper listing only, not Wikipedia excerpt below). Answers.com. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Sing Again With the Chipmunks DB". CD Universe. Retrieved 2010-10-07.