Sing It Loud
|Sing It Loud|
|Origin||Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Genres||Pop punk, pop rock|
|Associated acts||Motion City Soundtrack|
Sing It Loud grew out of a friendship between cousins vocalist Pat Brown and guitarist Kieren Smith, who founded the group together and added members whom they met locally in the Minneapolis music scene. Brown officially brought the group together after his previous band called it quits. He was the former singer and guitarist for local legends The Semester. Frustrated with their lack of mainstream success, The Semester played one final show in the Minneapolis suburb Savage, and from then on went to spawn a project such as Get Young. The band was offered a contract with Epitaph Records after playing only seven shows together. Their debut release for Epitaph was an EP produced by Josh Cain of Motion City Soundtrack, released in March 2008. The group then toured with We the Kings, This Providence, Ludo, The Morning Light, Valencia, Every Avenue, Hit the Lights, All Time Low, Farewell, Cobra Starship, Forever the Sickest Kids, Single File, Cash Cash, Motion City Soundtrack, and others. A full-length produced by Cain and mixed by Mark Trombino was released on Epitaph on September 23, 2008. The album features guest appearances from Justin Pierre of Motion City Soundtrack and Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low. Come Around hit No. 44 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
Pat Brown recently announced during a live acoustic performance online that Sing It Loud will be releasing their new album in May. Sing It Loud's upcoming album includes a track called "Shadows" that features lead vocals by Kieren Smith and backup vocals by Pat Brown. This will be the first time the two have ever switched roles.
On September 14, 2010, after three years as a band, the members decided to go their separate ways. The split was announced via their MySpace page. Their final show was played on October 9, 2010 at Station 4 in their hometown.
2012 and Reunion Show
- Pat Brown - vocals, guitar
- Kieren Smith - guitar, backing vocals
- Nate Flynn - bass
- Ben Peterson - keyboard, synthesizer
- Christopher Lee - drums
- Dane Schmidt - Drums
- Studio albums
- Come Around (Epitaph Records, September 23, 2008)
- Everything Collide (Epitaph Records, May 11, 2010)
- Extended plays
- Sing It Loud EP (Self-released, October 6, 2007)
- Come Around EP (Epitaph Records, March, 2008)
- Minneapolis Based Sing it Loud Coming to the Brewery Friday. Technician, August 26, 2008. Accessed September 21, 2008. (pg. 2 of 2)
- Sing it Loud at Allmusic
- Epitaph Signs Sing it Loud. Aversion, March 4, 2008.
- Review of EP. Absolutepunk.net, May 30, 2008.
- New CD Reviews. Vail Daily, September 15, 2008. Retrieved September 21, 2008.
- About to Pop: Sing it Loud. AOL Pop Eater, August 14, 2008. Retrieved September 21, 2008.
- Review of Come Around. Allmusic
- Sing it Loud with Valencia, Cobra Starship. Punknews.org, August 29, 2008. Retrieved September 21, 2008.
- Billboard, Allmusic
- Sing It Loud Premiere New Video For "Come Around On MTV2
- Sing It Loud - Everything Collide
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2010-09-15. (Dead Link)
- Common, Tyler. "Sing It Loud announce reunion show, William Beckett to support". Alternative Press. Retrieved 23 August 2012.