|District||Singida Urban District|
|• Type||City Council|
|Time zone||GMT + 3|
Singida, is a city in central Tanzania. The city is the location of the regional headquarters of Singida Region as well as the district headquarters of Singida Urban District. The region and district are named after the town.
Paved Trunk road T3 from Morogoro to the Rwandan border passes through the town. Paved trunk road T14 connects Singida with Babati in Manyara Region. The distance from Singida to Dodoma is 252 km, to Shinyanga 300 km, to Arusha 334 km and to Mwanza 467 km.
The town is served by the Singida AirStrip near the B141 north west of Singida.
Places of interest
Singida town boasts two places of interests as of 22 July 2018 below as follows;
This saline lake is just outside of Singida Town. It attracts many birds, like pelicans and flamingos.
The 2012 national census estimated the population of Singida Urban District at 150,379.
- Singida Region
- Singida Urban District
- Regions of Tanzania
- Districts of Tanzania
- Railway stations in Tanzania
- "Trunk and Regional Roads in Tanzania". Tanroads. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Railways Network". Tanzania Railways Limited. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- Tanzania travel guide (6 ed.). Lonely Planet. June 2015. p. 218. ISBN 978-1742207797.
- "Census 2012". National Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 9 December 2015.