|Died||April 20, 2020 (aged 88)|
Maccioni got his start at Oscar's Delmonico, Delmonico's. Owner Oscar Tucci once stated "Sirio and with Tony May will be some of the greatest restaurateurs, that will come out of Delmonico's." Maccioni was featured in Le Cirque: A Table In Heaven, a 2007 American documentary film.
He was awarded the Impresario dell’Anno (Entrepreneur of the Year) award at Affreschi Toscani. Maccioni was known for Le Cirque, his award-winning flagship French restaurant and other ventures in New York City, Las Vegas, the Dominican Republic, New Delhi and Abu Dhabi, which were run with his wife Egidiana “Egi” and sons Mario, Marco and Mauro.
In June 2004 Maccioni published his autobiography, Sirio: The Story of My Life and Le Cirque with Bloomberg L.P.'s restaurant critic Peter Elliot. On television, he was featured as a guest judge on Top Chef, the 48th Annual Miss Universe Pageant and as himself in Charlie Rose, Behind Closed Doors and Eat This New York. Maccioni and his family were also featured in a behind-the-scenes documentary film Le Cirque: A Table in Heaven, which details Le Cirque’s 2006 move from the Palace Hotel to the Bloomberg building on East 58th St. Maccioni and several recipes from his restaurants are featured in Egidiana Maccioni’s The Maccioni Family Cookbook. In 2012, Sirio Maccioni authored A Table at Le Cirque with Pamela Fiori published by Rizzoli.
Maccioni was married to Egidiana Maccioni and the couple have three sons: Mario, a graduate of New York University, Marco, a graduate of Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, and Mauro, a graduate of Columbia University.
- Le Cirque first opened at the Mayfair Hotel in 1974. It closed and reopened as Le Cirque 2000 at the Helmsley Palace Hotel in 1997. The latest installation opened in 2006 in the Bloomberg Tower building at One Beacon Court (151 East 58th Street).
- Le Cirque at Bellagio Hotel
- Le Cirque New Delhi (The Leela, New Delhi)
- Le Cirque Cafe (58th St./Third Ave.)
- The Beach Club by Le Cirque (Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic)
- Circo New York (120 West 55th street, between Sixth & Seventh Aves.)
- Circo Las Vegas at the Bellagio (hotel and casino)
- Circo Abu Dhabi
- Sirio Ristorante (The Aria Resort and Casino)
- Sirio Ristorante at The Pierre Hotel
- Impresario dell’ Anno (Entrepreneur of the Year) award at Affreschi Toscani Tuscany.
- 1995 - Sirio Maccioni deemed a “Living Landmark” by the New York Landmarks Conservancy,
- 2000: Joe Baum Lifetime Achievement Award from The Food Allergy Initiative.
- 2002- Father of the Year, National Father’s Day Committee
- 2003- Fine Dining Legend Winner Nation's Restaurant News
- 2007: Michelin Guide One-Star for Le Cirque in Las Vegas.
- 2012: Sirio Maccioni honored at Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival. http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/lifestyles/food-cooking/the-legend-of-le-cirque-alums-to-honor-sirio-macci/nTHyB/
- 2013: Sirio Maccioni awarded First "Euro Toques Italia International Award" by Eurotoques Italy association in Montecatini Terme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_buHXouYZc
- 2013: Sirio Maccioni and Family inducted into Esquire Magazine's 2013 Restaurant "Hall of Fame" http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/maccioni-family-1113
- 2013: Sirio Maccioni to receive "Pioneer Award" by The Best of Silver State Awards in the state of Nevada.
- 2014: James Beard Foundation Award, Lifetime Achievement 
- Bruni, Frank (February 6, 2008). "In Defense of Decadence". The New York Times. Retrieved February 24, 2008.
- "Le Cirque: A Table In Heaven". The New York Times. 2008-12-26.
- "Sirio Maccioni: Chef and Culinary Personality". Nycwineandfoodfestival.com. 2007-09-17. Archived from the original on 2010-12-28. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- Grove, Lloyd. "The World According to Sirio Maccioni". Portfolio.com. Retrieved 2008-10-23.
- The Maccioni Family Cookbook. Egi Maccioni (Author), Peter Kaminsky (Author), Elizabeth Zeschin (Photographer). Publisher: Harry N. Abrams (October 1, 2003) ISBN 1-58479-288-4
- Hamlin, Suzanne (1996-01-10). "Passing The Toque: For a New Generation, Hospitality Is Destiny (Published 1996)". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-10-16.
- "The Fabulous Maccioni Boys". Departures. Retrieved 2020-10-16.
- Dai, Serena (2020-04-20). "Legendary Le Cirque Restaurateur Sirio Maccioni Has Died". Eater NY. Retrieved 2020-10-16.
- "Arialasvegas.com". Archived from the original on 2010-04-13. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- List of Living Landmarks[permanent dead link]
- Sirio Maccioni Named Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree for 2014
- LaVecchia, Gina (2000-02-01). "Maccioni honored with Joe Baum award". Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- Le Cirque 2000's Maccioni named 2003 Fine Dining Legend Winner