|Street address||151 East 58th Street in Midtown Manhattan|
|City||New York City|
Le Cirque was a French restaurant located at One Beacon Court, 151 East 58th Street (between Lexington Avenue and Third Avenue) in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Le Cirque New York at One Beacon Court was owned and operated by NYLC LLC, and was founded by Sirio Maccioni.
It opened at the Mayfair Hotel on East 65th Street in 1974. It closed and reopened as Le Cirque 2000 at the Palace Hotel in 1997. The latest installation of Le Cirque opened in 2006 in the Bloomberg Tower building at One Beacon Court (151 East 58th Street). The flagship location is a 16,000-square-foot (1,500 m2) restaurant designed by interior designer Adam Tihany and architect Costas Kondylis. The architectural lighting design was completed by Paul Gregory, principal of Focus Lighting Inc. There is a second flagship restaurant at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas that holds one Michelin Star and an AAA Five-Diamond rating. There is a third Le Cirque in New Delhi at The Leela Palace Hotel and a fourth at Ritz-Carlton DIFC in Dubai.
Le Cirque sister restaurant Osteria del Circo in three locations: Manhattan, Abu Dhabi at the InterContinental Hotel and Dallas at One Uptown.
In July 2009, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, then President of the Philippines, was criticized for her supposed outlandish dinner at Le Cirque with the Philippine delegation during her visit to the United States. President Arroyo and her group reportedly had dinner for the cost of $20,000 or P1,000,000 as reported in the New York Post.
HY bond salesman Jeremy Goldman was known to hold court here and had his own reserved area at the bar. A martini was named in his honor.
The artwork adorning the walls in Le Cirque are created by Tim Flynn.
In 2018, Le Cirque New York will relocate to the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Le Cirque | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews. Zagat. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- Bruni, Frank (February 6, 2008). "In Defense of Decadence". The New York Times. Retrieved February 24, 2008.
- The return of Sirio and Le Cirque to New York New York Restaurant Insider, June 2006
- Project Le Cirque Archived February 7, 2009, at the Wayback Machine Tihany Design
- "Bellagio, Le Cirque". Bellagio.com. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "Le Cirque Dubai set to wow foodies at Ritz-Carlton DIFC from April 12". The National. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- Chef Daniel Boulud: Biography DanielNYC.com
- Fabricant, Florence (November 17, 2008). "Craig Hopson Takes Over at Le Cirque". New York Times.
- "GMA at Le Cirque". Wag na lang Blog. August 11, 2009.
- "EAT AND DRINK". New York Post. August 12, 2009.
- Le Cirque: A Table In Heaven HBO
- Sirio Maccioni Named Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree for 2014