Smart Crew is a graffiti crew originating from Queens, NY, that was formed by SYCO13, MEY (Meyhem Lauren) and LUK in 1997. Throughout the years, the crew has acquired members and has become a collective of various artists including DCEVE, KORN (Jeffrey Vanchiro, best known as Jeffrey Gamblero), Action Bronson, and SNOEMAN. Their crew logo consists of an Old English style "S" with the image of a graduation cap on top.
Smart Crew was interviewed by the Art of Rolling Magazine and Bombin Magazine. In 2014, Smart Crew worked with Sixty Soho and Animal New York on a demolition party and destroyed the hotel lobby as an art installation. They have also contributed to Mass Appeal, the book Autograf: New York City's Graffiti Writers by Peter Sutherland (ISBN 1-57687-203-3), the BET Hip Hop Awards, and the DKNY 2014 Spring line. The crew is also responsible for the "Chinatown" Mural in New York City located at 1 Allen Street. Smart Crew has also exhibited with Fool's Gold in December 2013 at their Brooklyn flagship store.
Smart Crew is represented by Klughaus Gallery based in New York City. Their work can be seen all over the world including countries such as South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina, Taiwan, Japan, Germany, and more.
- "Nets superfan Jeffrey Vanchiro dead after fall from building". SI.com. December 14, 2014. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- Schneiderman, R.M. (2010-05-19). "Mysery Taggers Target British Street Artist Banksy's N.Y. Works". Wall Street Journal.
"The guys at Smart Crew, they're established. They could be marking their territory," Mr. Felisbret said. "It could also be there's some sort of resentment. Banksy is seen by some folks as a sellout...because he's a successful artist."
- "Banksy Gets Dissed". Gothamist. Archived from the original on 2013-10-10.
- Ferrer, Angelo (2009). "Smart Crew". Art of Rolling. 7: 48–62.
- "Bombin Magazine" (PDF). Bombin Magazine. 3: 1–3.
- Lynch, Scott (2014-05-16). "Watch Smart Crew Destroy a Hotel Lobby With Sharpies and Sledgehammers". http://bedfordandbowery.com/. External link in
- Turco, Bucky (2014-05-05). "Smart Crew Reps Chinatown for Latest Neighborhood Mural Project". http://animalnewyork.com/. External link in
- "Smart Crew x Fool's Gold "Smart Fools" Artist Series Opens This Thursday 12/12". http://foolsgoldrecs.com/. 2013-12-09. External link in