Solange Azagury-Partridge is a British designer known for her jewellery and interior designs. Based in London, she is the founder of her own brand called Solange. Her jewellery is featured in the permanent collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London as well as the Les Arts Décoratifs at the Louvre in Paris.
The first piece of jewellery she made was her own engagement ring in 1987, a simple gold band with an uncut diamond. She has stated that three years later, she taught herself how to design jewellery.In 1995 she opened a velvet-lined shop on Westbourne Grove cited by The Independent as "the most idiosyncratic jewellery shop in London" and often mistaken for a brothel. In 2001 she was hired by Tom Ford of PPR as Creative Director of Boucheron, the Parisian jewellery firm founded in 1858. She worked there for three years before leaving to concentrate on her own brand. In 2004 pieces she designed for Boucheron were exhibited at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Paris and are now part of the permanent collection. Four years later pieces from Solange Azagury-Partridge were acquired for the Victoria and Albert Museum's permanent collection.
In 2008 she partnered with Labelux Group, a division of Joh. A. Benckiser, parent to British multinational consumer goods company Reckitt Benckiser, with a plan to roll out the brand internationally. Boutiques were opened in New York City, London, Beverly Hills, Singapore, and Hong Kong. In December 2012 it was announced that the brand was being sold back to its founder.
In 2009 the brand released a short film directed by Laurence Dunmore, starring Thandie Newton and Jason Isaacs entitled The Letter. She also designed a ring for the film Snow White and the Huntsman, worn by the [[Charlize Theron]] who played the part of the Evil Queen.
- "Solange Azagury-Partridge". Design Museum, London. 2005. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- West, Naomi (12 May 2007). "The world of Solange Azagury-Partridge, jeweller". Telegraph, The. London. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Rock chick, by Dylan Jones". The Independent. London. 17 May 1997.
- "Les Arts Decoratifs Collection Search".
- "Victoria & Albert Museum Collection Search".
- Cintra Wilson (30 June 2009). "Riches at Rainbow's End, by Cintra Wilson". The New York Times.
- Dailey, Katie (10 June 2010). "Solange Azagury-Partridge opens Mayfair flagship". elleuk.com. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Solange Azagury-Partridge Opens Flagship Boutique on Rodeo Drive". hauteliving.com. 16 February 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Solange Azagury-Patridge opens new boutique". plushasia.com. 2 October 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- Donovan, Kate (21 December 2011). "Solange opens first Hong Kong boutique". retail-jeweller.com. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- Vanessa, Friedman (6 December 2012). "Labelux and Mulberry race for leathergoods crown". Financial Times. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Brazilian, Alex (12 January 2010). "Fashion News: Solange Azagury-Partridge". elle.com. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "The Letter, by Solange Azagury-Partridge" (online video 5mins 10secs). 2009. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- Vanessa, Lawrence. "Crazy Heart". W magazine. Retrieved 16 January 2013.