Soldiers Point, New South Wales
New South Wales
Soldiers Point marina
|Population||1,326 (2011 census)|
|• Density||1,326/km2 (3,430/sq mi)|
|Area||1 km2 (0.4 sq mi)[Note 1]|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||Port Stephens Council|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Soldiers Point is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. Located on the southern shores of Port Stephens it is almost entirely surrounded by the port and is a popular location for fishing and boating. While primarily residential it, like other suburbs around Port Stephens, is a popular tourist destination, especially in summer months.
In July 2016, the New South Wales government declared 5.9 ha (14.6 acres) of the suburb as an Aboriginal place, recognising that Soldiers Point was a special place for cultural, spiritual and historic reasons to the Worimi people.
- Area calculation is based on 1:100000 map 9232 NEWCASTLE.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT) - Port Stephens". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Soldiers Point (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Soldiers Point". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- "Port Stephens". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- "Paterson". Australian Electoral Commission. 19 October 2007. Archived from the original on 29 October 2009. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- "Nelson Bay (Nelson Head)". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- "Soldiers Point". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- "Soldiers Point". Australian Explorer. Retrieved 14 June 2008.
- "History of Port Stephens". Retrieved 10 July 2008. (see "Early development of Port Stephens" section)
- "Soldiers Point declaration". Port Stephens Examiner. 7 July 2016. p. 15. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
Media related to Soldiers Point, New South Wales at Wikimedia Commons
|This Port Stephens Council geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|