|Country|| United States
SomosTV LLC, is a United States media company engaged in the production, distribution, and marketing of Pay TV channels in the U.S. Hispanic market, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Panama, Central America, and the Caribbean. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, the company owns and operates two networks: ViendoMovies and Semillitas. According to Multichannel News SomosTV’s network content is considered high quality and is produced to meet or exceed the highest industry standards. SomosTV is headed by Luis Villanueva, an executive in the Hispanic entertainment industry.  
SomosTV is also the sole owner of SOMOS Next, LLC a subsidiary focused on the development and commercialization of audiovisual Spanish content in the online environment through all currently available platforms. SOMOS Next lineup includes a robust film library together with dynamic children programs among other genres. Its distribution is directed through premium digital distibutors taking advantage of their applications and other technologies, with access to platforms, mobile or fixed electronic devices. SOMOS Next's brands are FlixLatino (films) and Pinguinitos "animation".
SomosTV started operations in 2006 with the launch of ViendoMovies, a 24-hour contemporary movie channel which features premium commercial-free movies produced in Spanish. ViendoMovies, has distribution agreements with all major cable and satellite distribution companies in the United States and Puerto Rico. ViendoMovies programing is a mix of film genres from Spain and Latin America, packaged with promotional material targeting the U.S. Hispanic Market including coverage of Film Festivals.
In 2010, SomosTV launched its second channel Semillitas, which is oriented to Hispanic toddlers and preschool children. Semillitas helps Hispanic parents preserve the language and culture. Semillitas offers violence-free, educational and culturally rich animation content from internationally recognized brands, Latin America and other markets. Hispanic children from 0 to 5 years of age make up a substantial segment of this demographic in the United States. According to U.S Census 2000, Hispanic toddlers represent more than half the population age 0 to 5 years in states such as California, Texas and Arizona. SomosTV’s staff is made of seasoned Hispanic TV professionals, able to license and package premium Spanish content in contemporary and culturally relevant Pay TV Networks.
SomosTV is capable of importing content from international sources. The company is considered an aggregator or bundler of content but they often produce and edit content in-house to ensure material is market-relevant. The company provides a balanced mix of Hispanic nationalities and traditions via their programing.
- marketwire (March 2010). "VeneMovies & Semillitas, Two New 24-Hour Spanish Language Channels, Added to RCN's Hispanic Cable TV Program Packages". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Dana Ballestero (March 2011). "The 28th Annual Miami International Film Festival Honors the Best Selections in World and Florida Cinema at Annual Awards Night Ceremony" (PDF). THE 2011 MIAMI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- MCN Staff (September 2009). "VeneMovies Inks TWC Pact". Multichannel News. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- Comcast Corporation (September 2010). "Comcast Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with Special On Demand Programming That Highlights the Best of Latin Culture". HPC wire. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "PAY TV". Venevision International. January 2010. Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- "Time Warner Cable Launches Spanish Film Channel 'VeneMovies' in Los Angeles". Satellite Television News. November 2009. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Entertainment Marketing". Anita Santiago Advertising. January 2008. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Comcast Launches A Spanish Language Channel 'Semillitas' in Florida East Coast Region". Satellite Television News. December 2010. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Venemovies Reaps Genesis Expertise". Satnews Daily. June 2009. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- "Genesis Networks to Help SOMOS TV Distribute Venemovies Channels". Sports Video Group. June 2009. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- "SOMOS TV at MIFF" (Video). SOMOS TV at MIFF (in Spanish). Film Annex Miami Film Festival Project. November 2009. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- Laura Martinez (July 2008). "Venevison's New Formats Play". Multichannel News. Retrieved 2011-03-30.