Song of General Kim Jong-il
|Song of General Kim Jong-il|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Jeong-il Janggun ui Norae|
|McCune–Reischauer||Kim Chŏng-il Changgun ŭi Norae|
Problems playing this file? See media help.
The song praises former leader, Kim Jong-il (who ruled from 1994 until 2011) as a part of his cult of personality. During the presidency of Kim Il-sung, Kim Jong-il helped to run his father's own personality cult. At the death of his father, Kim Jong-il had his own cult. Although the "Song of General Kim Jong-il" is not as widely popular as the "Song of General Kim Il-sung" (nor was his cult as large as his father's), it is also played regularly in North Korea.
The song is played by the North Korean state television at the start of broadcasts each day. It was also played after the telecast of Kim Jong-il's memorial service on December 29, 2011. Pyongyang FM Broadcasting also plays a chime version of the first two lines of the song as its interval signal at the start of broadcasts.
An English version has been recorded by Ritta Dimek.
- "Song of General Kim Il-sung"
- Propaganda in North Korea
- List of Korea-related topics
- "Song of General Kim Jong-Un"
- "SONG OF GENERAL KIM JONG IL". naenara.com.kp. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- "Defiant N Korea launches rocket". BBC News. 5 April 2009.
- "Immortal Revolutionary Paean 'Song of General Kim Jong Il"". Voice of Korea. Arts. Song: "Ode to Comrade Kim Jong Il". Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- on YouTube
- "The Song of General Kim Jong-il" (mp3) at Naenara
- Lyrics in English at Naenara
- Lyrics in Korean at Naenara
|This song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This North Korea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|