Songs from Northern Britain
|Songs from Northern Britain|
|Studio album by Teenage Fanclub|
|Released||29 July 1997|
|Recorded||Rich Farm Studios, Surrey
AIR Studios, London
Abbey Road Studios
|Teenage Fanclub chronology|
Songs from Northern Britain is the sixth studio album by Scottish alternative rock band Teenage Fanclub, released in 1997. The band describe the title as "a joking reference to Britpop, and everybody who thought we were part of that scene". 
In his book 31 Songs, Nick Hornby names Songs from Northern Britain as one of his favourite albums. He names the introduction to the book after "Your Love Is the Place Where I Come From", and also praises "Ain't That Enough".
|2.||"Ain't That Enough"||Love||3:42|
|3.||"Can't Feel My Soul"||McGinley||3:21|
|4.||"I Don't Want Control of You"||Blake||3:08|
|6.||"It's a Bad World"||McGinley||4:20|
|7.||"Take the Long Way Round"||Love||3:25|
|9.||"I Don't Care"||McGinley||3:06|
|11.||"Your Love Is the Place Where I Come From"||McGinley||3:29|
|12.||"Speed of Light"||Love||3:53|
- Norman Blake - Vocals, guitar
- Gerard Love - Vocals, bass
- Raymond McGinley - Vocals, guitar
- Paul Quinn - Drums
- George Borowski - Backing vocals, guitar
- David Bianco - Piano
- Sonia Slany - Strings
- Jocelyn Pook - Strings
- Ann Morfee - Strings
- Dinah Beamish - Strings
- Susan Bell - Strings
- Claire Orsler - Strings
- Sara Herbert - Strings
- Jules Singleton - Strings
- Neil Sidwell - Brass
- Steve Sidwell - Brass
- Jamie Talbot - Brass
- Dave Bishop - Brass
- Collar, Matt. "Songs from Northern Britain: Overview". AllMusic. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Reger, Rick (1 August 1997). "Teenage Fanclub Songs from Northern Britain". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Vincitelli, Elisabeth (21 July 1997). "Teenage Fanclub: Songs from Northern Britain". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 29 April 2007. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Unterberger, Andrew (7 April 2015). "SPIN 30: Teenage Fanclub Talk Unlikely Breakout Album, 'Bandwagonesque'". Spin. Retrieved 20 January 2016.