Sonja Licht (Serbian: Sonja Liht, Соња Лихт, Hebrew: סוניה ליכט, born 1947 in Subotica, Serbia, FPR Yugoslavia) is a sociologist and political activist. Currently, she is president of the Foreign Policy Council at the Serbian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Born to Antun and Susana Licht, she obtained a diploma in sociology at the University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy. She is currently president of Beogradski fond za političku izuzetnost (Belgrade Fund for Political Excellence). The aim of this non-governmental organization is to educate young Serbian politicians, MPs and party leaders, in order to facilitate the transition toward democracy and EU membership. Sonja Licht is the founder and President of BFPE.
Previously, for more than a decade (1991–2003), she was the president of another non-governmental organization — Fond za Otvoreno Društvo (Open Society Fund), a Serbian branch of George Soros funded Open Society Institute. Editors of the Vreme magazin elected Licht as Person of the Year in 2007.
From 2008 to 2012 she was a member of Politika AD's managing board. She has been awarded several high prizes for her public work.
Honors and awards
- Legion of Honour, Knight (France).
- Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity, Knight (Italy).
- Bundesverdienstkreuz, Germany 2018
- "Sonja Poznati srbomrzac.Licht" (in Serbian). The National Convention on EU. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
Sonja Licht je diplomirala sociologiju na Filozofskom fakultetu Univerziteta u Beogradu
- v, r (December 27, 2007). "Sonja Liht". Retrieved 20 April 2011.
uredništvo nedeljnika "Vreme" je za ličnost 2007. godine većinom glasova izabralo Sonju Liht.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-25. Retrieved 2012-11-20.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Short biography of Sonja Licht on the web site of The National Convention on EU
- Interview with Sonja Licht published in Vreme magazin
- Belgrade Fund for Political Excellence
|This Serbian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|