Sony Ericsson Xperia neo
|Series||Sony Ericsson Xperia|
|First released||21 June 2011|
|Discontinued||25 November 2011|
|Predecessor||Sony Ericsson Vivaz|
|Successor||Sony Xperia P|
|Related||Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V|
|Dimensions||116 × 57 × 13 mm|
|Operating system||Android 2.3.4;|
Officially upgradeable up to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Unofficially upgradeable to:
|Memory||512 MB (RAM)|
|Storage||380 MB (ROM) + Up to 32 GB on microSD memory card|
|Battery||Li-Ion 1500 mAh|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, Accelerometer|
|Display||3.7 inch 854×480px (265 ppi density) LED-backlit LCD 16M colors|
|Rear camera||8-MP (3264x2448) autofocus, LED flash, Exmor R|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP|
3.5 mm audio jack
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
HDMI GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 HSPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
The Xperia Neo has many of the same features found in the Xperia Arc and the Xperia Play including the mobile Sony Bravia engine and an 8-megapixel camera capable of recording 720p high-definition video. It also features a front-facing VGA camera - excluded from the Xperia Arc - which allows for video chat.
The phone shipped with Android 2.3 and an official update to Android 4.0 was made available in May 2012. Sony Ericsson, by then going under the name Sony Mobile, did not make any higher Android version updates available for the Xperia neo. Unofficial updates up to Android 4.4 are available.
Xperia Neo V
A similar model named Xperia Neo V was released in October 2011. Unlike the Xperia Neo, it has a 5-megapixel camera without Exmor R. Sony Ericsson has stated that it is due to a shortage of 8-megapixel camera sensors. The other specifications are exactly the same, apart from internet speed, which is slower as compared to Sony Ericsson Neo.
- "Xperia Neo hitting Europe in first week of July - Xperia Blog". www.xperiablog.net.
- "Xperia arc and Xperia neo discontinued in UK; Xperia arc S and neo V now flying the flag - Xperia Blog". www.xperiablog.net.
- "Xperia neo | Android Mobile Phone – Sony Smartphones (UK)". Sonyericsson.com. 1 January 1970.
- "Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo". Sony Mobile. Archived from the original on 18 February 2013.
- "LegacyXperia Project by LegacyXperia". legacyxperia.github.io.
- "Sony Ericsson Hallon is Xperia Neo". www.nieuwemobiel.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 5 June 2021.
- "Xperia arc and Xperia neo Android 4.0 ICS updates start rolling out - Xperia Blog". www.xperiablog.net.
- "Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V review: Five to go". GSMArena.com. 19 December 2011.