Sophie Morgan (author)
|Pen name||Sophie Morgan|
|Occupation||author and journalist|
Diary of A SubmissiveNo Ordinary Love Story
Sophie Morgan (born 1979) is a British author and journalist who lives in London. She is a two-time Sunday Times Bestselling author whose books, published by Penguin Books, have become best sellers in ten countries.
Her name, according to her publisher’s website, is a pseudonym. Her publicist describes her as a "21st century woman" who is smart and has a successful journalism career. On social media sites, she describes herself as a feminist. Morgan is married and has a child.
Diary of a Submissive
Sophie Morgan's first book, Diary of a Submissive, is an erotic memoir which has been likened to a real Fifty Shades of Grey, a memoir by a "real-life Anastasia," the Fifty Shades heroine. The book purports to be a true-life story of female submission. Morgan's "diary", as narrated in the book, follows the story of her sexual life, from the early days in college to the present time, and describes her experiences with dominant men.
Morgan reviewed the film 'Fifty Shades of Grey' when it was released and wrote that she thought the relationship between the two characters was more "abusive rather than romantic". She commented that the characters were "Literally not believable as a human being".
Morgan's "memoir" was published in 2012 by Gotham, an imprint of Penguin Books and on Kindle/iTunes. The book was on the Sunday Times Best-Seller List as the number one non-fiction title. A book launch was attended by celebrities such as Cheska Hull at Sam Roddick's 'luxury erotic emporium' Coco de Mer in London, as featured in Cosmopolitan.
No Ordinary Love Story
In No Ordinary Love Story, the controversial sequel to Morgan's first book, Sophie tells us what she did next, how she struggled to combine a regular relationship with her sexual desires. The book was published in March 2013 by Penguin Books and Amazon Kindle, and went into the Sunday Times Bestseller List in the first week of publication.
- Interview with Sophie Morgan
- Interview: Sophie Morgan A Real Life Anastasia Steele, Female First, 4 August 2012
- Penguin Books. Sophie Morgan
- Morgan,Sophie I like submissive sex but Fifty Shades is not about fun: it's about abuse. The Observer. 25 August 2012
- 50 Shades of Fake: A Real life submissive hits back at 'stereotypical novel' and opens up about life as a sex slave. Daily Mail, 3 August 2012
- Newsweek. Publishing Looks for S&M. Lizzie Crocker. 2012
- Morgan, Sophie Under his thumb. Why one smart, successful woman chose to lead a life of submission. NY Post
- Best selling erotic author Sophie Morgan reviews 50 shades movie
- Penguin Group. Diary of a Submissive. A modern true tale of sexual awakening.
- The Sunday Times Books
- Coco de Mer website
- Cosmopolitan. 'Fancy reading the REAL LIFE Fifty Shades Of Grey?' 13 September 2012 by Kayleigh Dray
- No Ordinary Love Story: Sequel to The Diary of a Submissive
- No Ordinary Love Story. Female First