Sour Candy (Carly Rae Jepsen song)
|Single by Carly Rae Jepsen featuring Josh Ramsay|
|from the album Tug of War|
|Released||30 October 2009|
|Label||Fontana North, MapleMusic|
|Songwriter(s)||Carly Rae Jepsen, Josh Ramsay|
|Carly Rae Jepsen singles chronology|
|Josh Ramsay singles chronology|
"Sour Candy" is a song by Canadian singer/songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen, released in October 2009 as the fourth and final single from her debut studio album, Tug of War. The song was written by Jepsen and Josh Ramsay, who also produced the song and is featured as a vocalist on the single version. It failed to chart on the Canadian Hot 100, but did enter the Canada Hot AC airplay chart monitored by Nielsen BDS Radio.
This song discusses the loss of a relationship, which Jepsen refers to as a "sour candy ending." The main instrument used is acoustic guitar.
The music video for "Sour Candy" was shot in Vancouver, BC and directed by Ben Knechtel. It premiered 16 December 2009 and was uploaded to Jepsen's Vevo channel on 5 July 2011. It tells the story of two estranged lovers (played by Jepsen and Ramsay) in couple's therapy.
|Canada Hot AC (Billboard)||36|
- "Carly Rae Jepsen on CBC Music". CBC Music. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Carly Rae Jepsen". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Carly Rae Jepsen Chart History (Canada Hot AC)". Billboard. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
- "Carly Rae Jepsen - Sour Candy Lyrics". Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Knechtel, Ben (16 December 2009). "Carly Rae Jepsen "Sour Candy" Music Video on Vimeo". Vimeo. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- CarlyRaeJepsenVEVO (5 July 2011). "Carly Rae Jepsen - Sour Candy ft. Josh Ramsay". YouTube. Google. Retrieved 27 April 2014.