South Keys station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ottawa Transitway station|
South Keys station looking northwest
|Owned by||OC Transpo|
South Keys station is a stop on Ottawa's transitway system. Operated by OC Transpo, it is last station at the southern end of the Transitway, just north of Hunt Club Road. The station is located in the South Keys neighbourhood of Ottawa at the south end of the South Keys Shopping Centre beside the Cineplex Odeon South Keys Cinemas, between Bank Street and the Airport Parkway.
The station was opened to traffic with the southern transitway on September 2, 1995. (The official opening was the following day.)
It is an occasional weekday terminus of route 97 (buses identified as 97X SOUTH KEYS). Route 97 continues on the Airport Parkway to the most southern station, Airport Station, while other routes such as route 98 and route 99 exit at Hunt Club Road.
Previously, City Council approved the addition of an O-Train Station at South Keys (instead of Lester) in conjunction of the expansion of the north-south light rail line. The project was, however, cancelled on December 14, 2006
The following routes serve South Keys Station:
Regular Routes: 1 87 97 98 99 107 114 116 144 146 147
Peak-Only Routes: 189 199
Connexion Routes: 293 298
Shopper's Routes: 304
Event Routes: 402 452
School Routes: 640 644 649 698
- Route 304 operates on Thursdays only.
This station has a history of safety concerns during the night time hours. There were several incidents involving assaults, swarming and vandalism in the vicinity which prompted some increased safety measures. This station has a night stop which all buses use after 9pm.
- "South Keys" (PDF). Station Layout. OC Transpo. Dec 2015. Retrieved March 2016. Check date values in:
- "Police looking into another south-end personal robbery". CBCnews. 26 November 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Bell, Danielle (20 November 2012). "Girls arrested after South Keys robberies". Ottawa Sun. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Two boys charged after dog spray released at transit stop". Ottawa Sun. 3 November 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Night Stop and Safe Stop". OCTranspo. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
|This article related to bus transport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to Ottawa and to Canada's National Capital Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|