Shops at South Town
The Shops at South Town, formerly South Towne Center, is a shopping mall in Sandy, Utah, United States, located just east of Interstate 15 on State Street. The property, built in 1986, contains 1,300,000 square feet (120,000 m2) of retail space with 150 stores and restaurants.
The mall underwent a complete interior and exterior remodel from 2015 to 2017, and was officially unveiled on February 14, 2017. The redevelopment is part of Sandy's 1,100-acre (4,500,000 m2) city center development project, The Cairns.
In early 2013, former management company Macerich announced that they put the mall up for sale and had several interested buyers. It has since been purchased and, as of February 2017, is currently managed by Pacific Retail.
- JCPenney (104,054 square feet (9,666.9 m2)
- Macy's (200,000 square feet (19,000 m2); originally ZCMI, then Meier & Frank)
- Forever 21 (originally Mervyns)
Dillard's occupied a 212,223 square feet (19,716.2 m2) space until its closure in 2017. The space is unoccupied as of February 2017.
The Marketplace is located adjacent to the Shops at South Town, and is a 312,000 square feet (29,000 m2) outdoor retail property, anchored by a Super Target store. Other retailers at the Marketplace include Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, and Buy Buy Baby.
- Lee, Jasen (2017-02-14). "Sandy's Shops at South Town unveils new look". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Sandy City officials discuss sale of South Towne Center. Sandy Journal. January 2013. Fisher, Brenda.
- "Shops At South Town | Center Info". shopsatsouthtown.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
|This Utah-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|