Southern Alamance High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Southern Alamance High School|
631 Southern High School Road
|Other names||Southern, SA|
|School district||Alamance-Burlington School System|
|Teaching staff||76.44 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.67|
|Color(s)||Red, white, blue|
|Rival||Eastern Alamance High School|
High schools; Alexander Wilson, Sylvan, E. M. Holt and Eli Whitney; were consolidated into a new school; Southern High School. A school bond passed in 1958 to finance the consolidation. Opening day was December 12, 1960.
Southern Alamance will once again compete at the 3A level after being part of the 4A All Metro conference from the 2009–2010 school year to the 2016–2017 school year. The Patriots are now part of the Mid Piedmont League. Other schools in the conference include Asheboro, Eastern Guilford, Southeast Guilford, Southern Guilford, Southwestern Randolph, and Walter M. Williams. 
Southern Alamance has a wide array of clubs for students to join. Each year, student council puts on events such as homecoming, holiday cheer, coming home, and many others.
- "Administration / Home". www.abss.k12.nc.us. Retrieved 12 July 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Southern Alamance High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved June 7, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Southern Alamance High School / Homepage". http. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "2015–2016 SAHS Staff Handbook" (PDF). p. 3.
- "4A All Metro Conference" (PDF). nchsaa.org. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "3A Mid-Piedmont Conference" (PDF). nchsaa.org. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- Alamance County Register of Deeds 
- "Register of Deeds | Alamance County, North Carolina". Retrieved 2020-04-08.